Founding members, we need your help - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
RhinoTalk Help Desk Got ideas on how to improve the site or having problems on the site? We'd like to hear about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Founding members, we need your help

we have to come to our first dilemma at rhinotalk and seeing as this place is for the members, we pose a question to you to help us solve it.
we have vendors who want to post banner ads, we also have vendors who have there logo as avatars. if we charge someone to put up a banner ad, they are going to get offended by the other guy with the free avatar.
we don't want to just say, sorry no more avatars. We don't want to become another naziforum, we are charging low rates for banners and will use the money for upkeep and giveaways,events. whatever supports the site.
give us your suggestions on how to handle this and we will go with the majority.
thanks and eff max powers

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:15 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

As long as the vendors know that they will have competition from within the site. Avatars opionions loyalties what have you they have been informed.

If they still want to pay for advertising they have been pre warned.
The paying vendors will still get to the people they want and need, the site mods just wont bend over for them.

"This is a member site not a vendor site"

You can put it together better than me, but you get my idea I hope.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Wide F'n Open

let the vendors chim in and see what they think, this shouldn't be a big problem.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Founding Ninja

I thought if everybody could post up whatever they want was the only way to keep it un-bias logos links pictures what ever... then if somebody like me still sees a value here Ill pay for ads, forums, ect but otherwise your just like the other forums....whats the point

www.UTVinc.com
623-934-3070
Please understand we support many forums and cant keep up with Private messages or questions on the forum boards so If you have a question Please Call the Retail Shop 623-934-3070
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
1/4 Throttle

I Agree with hapa....
Let free enterprise roll.
I check out all vendors to see who has the best price at the moment anyway. It also depends who is closer to me...with the price of gas that's an issue too.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
we have vendors who want to post banner ads, we also have vendors who have there logo as avatars.
Shouldn’t be too hard to figure this out, after all you are talking apples and oranges here.

Banners are just that a banner; much different then an avatar.

Want a Banner then ya got to pay the piper, want an avatar cool they are free (at the moment).

SDR Rocks
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Founding Ninja

I say let it be for right now. We the people are who makes the site, we the people are who spend the money, we the people are who can make or break a business. I believe if a vender starts to get a lot business from a specific site he will make it right in the long run. For instance I give people 1/2 off thier gardening bill if I get a refferal and keep them as a "paying" customer for over 6 months. If I get a house or job that pays really well, i'll give the person reffering the whole month.

2006 Turbo Rhintax. Magnum offroad longtravel kit, Prp seats, full homemade cage with 4 7" Kragen HID's on the lightbar.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Founding Ninja

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert_Rhino View Post
Shouldn’t be too hard to figure this out, after all you are talking apples and oranges here.

Banners are just that a banner; much different then an avatar.

Want a Banner then ya got to pay the piper, want an avatar cool they are free (at the moment).
Here Here I second the motion

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Has a potiental vendor brought this up????. If the forum has the numbers Vendors will want to pay to have a banner or thread..After all its because of us they are all at commieforums....Personally...I think it would be nice to have a vendor or two......But I think it is unecessary to have as many as commieforums....my 2 cents

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post

not all of us deal with site vendors we go with who takes care of us with out taking all our $$$ vendors need our $$$ and to get it they should be our friend and help not just take

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement