Question about the washes... - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Southwest Region The Southwest Region includes the following States:

Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
drewallen42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 267
Question about the washes...

I've read so much I figured I'd just ask here. We're heading to Glamis on the 17th of March for the week and normally park @ gecko when we go. I've only been to the washes once and it was #10. There were some small dunes that the kids really enjoyed riding in. Is 10 the only one you can access these easily or are there others? Also with the new fence is there somewhere better to park with easy access?

The two biggest trailers are a 32 foot bumper pull and a 40foot 5th wheel. Thanks.
drewallen42 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
max powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewallen42 View Post
I've read so much I figured I'd just ask here. We're heading to Glamis on the 17th of March for the week and normally park @ gecko when we go. I've only been to the washes once and it was #10. There were some small dunes that the kids really enjoyed riding in. Is 10 the only one you can access these easily or are there others? Also with the new fence is there somewhere better to park with easy access?

The two biggest trailers are a 32 foot bumper pull and a 40foot 5th wheel. Thanks.

right now, you can get to all the washes, just have to squeeze in between the openings, We watched HUGE rigs do it all weekend. you can access those dunes from all the washes, 10 is very popular and one of the more crowded washes.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
max powers is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
drewallen42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 267
So if I wanted to to have close access but not be in one of the more crowded ones which would you suggest? Thanks.
drewallen42 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
max powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewallen42 View Post
So if I wanted to to have close access but not be in one of the more crowded ones which would you suggest? Thanks.
If it's not on a holiday weekend, any wash is pretty good, we camp in 6

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
max powers is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
drewallen42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
If it's not on a holiday weekend, any wash is pretty good, we camp in 6
Is the week of dune tour going to be considered a holiday one? Speaking of will you guys be out there and if so when? Looking forward to a ride with you.
drewallen42 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Hapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 7,197
Dune tour will be packed!! I am guessing a big turnout for this last weekend for the normal G people.

Go deeper into the washs for less crowds, or a higher number wash for less people.

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
Hapa is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
drewallen42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
Dune tour will be packed!! I am guessing a big turnout for this last weekend for the normal G people.

Go deeper into the washs for less crowds, or a higher number wash for less people.
Thanks. Makes sense.
drewallen42 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F.N.G. from AZ with a K&N question laveydude Member Introductions 12 02-17-2009 08:33 PM
AZ Reg Question SXSCustms Yamaha Rhino General Discussions 7 01-05-2009 07:20 PM
gps question?? waytay Yamaha Rhino General Discussions 15 10-22-2008 09:17 AM
The Burning question.... Powerplay Off-Topic Discussions 88 10-03-2008 12:02 AM
rim question? ut rhino Yamaha Rhino General Discussions 2 09-07-2008 11:44 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57