New Toy Hauler, What to look for? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Trucks, Trailers, Towing, and Hauling Discussions Trucks, trailers, towing, and hauling discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

New Toy Hauler, What to look for?

I am new to Toy Haulers and wondering what to look for. I am thinking one of the biggest problems is door or garage dimensions. I am looking for something small 25 to 27 ft bumper pull and only needs to sleep 2 adults. Any hints on what to look for or stay away from?
Thanks,
Rick

*****I started out with nothing and thank god I still have most of it left*****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Founding Ninja

you just need to get out and look at them to see what you like and the diff layouts.

Brent at Eclipse RV can steer you in a good direction.
Eclipse Recreational Vehicles Inc.

Onan gensets are a plus IMO

Booyaa crew sent ya.

Rog

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Founding Ninja

Stay away from cheap shit! with that being said buy a Weekend Warrior! FS2500 is what I have....will sleep many more than 2 but will give you plenty of room for hauling your rhino and a small quad or a Rhino and a few bikes...I recommend it because thats what I have and I love it....i have been fortunate enough to not have any problems so far!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Follow the Underground on Twitter
http://twitter.com/UTVUnderground#/UTVUnderground

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Wreckin' Shop

When you shop around and look at them you will see the difference in craftmenship. I would say a ONAN genny is a MUST. I think the rear door heights are pretty much all the same. Make sure that the rear bed swings up high...I guess that could be a problem......You will find what you like. I bought my WeekendWarrior for 2 reasons. 1 they have been on the market forever ( which that may be changing soon ) and 2 The craftmenship seemed 2nd to none. Good Luck

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD23 View Post
Stay away from cheap shit! with that being said buy a Weekend Warrior! FS2500 is what I have....will sleep many more than 2 but will give you plenty of room for hauling your rhino and a small quad or a Rhino and a few bikes...I recommend it because thats what I have and I love it....i have been fortunate enough to not have any problems so far!

joey, you couldnt pay me to get into WW right now, they are having huge issues right now, no warranties at all, no warranty work for 60 days minimum, go to GD.com and search weekend warrior, some bad news over there. check it out for yourself...
Weekend Warrior Warranty Is Gone - GlamisDunes.com
Weekend Warrior Is Gone? - GlamisDunes.com

this might influence your decision.
when i was in pismo last weekend, i saw more attitude and stellar trailers than any other brand even warrior, thats unusual.. Eclipse is making some real sick shit lately..

dont buy my video. it sucks anyway!!!!
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Wide F'n Open

toyhaulers

nevermind the creature comforts, bring a towell to lay on,get underneath and look at the size of the chassis members,the weld quality,the supporting members of the holding tanks,the routing of the wires through the steel,grommetted or just rubbing on steel...its the chassis first then the creature comforts....some members are only welded on one side,good quality trailers are welded all around the unions....there's more to a good quality trailer than just fancy counters and nice graffics....later,cameron..
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple1050rhino View Post
nevermind the creature comforts, bring a towell to lay on,get underneath and look at the size of the chassis members,the weld quality,the supporting members of the holding tanks,the routing of the wires through the steel,grommetted or just rubbing on steel...its the chassis first then the creature comforts....some members are only welded on one side,good quality trailers are welded all around the unions....there's more to a good quality trailer than just fancy counters and nice graffics....later,cameron..
well said, i dont like any superlite trailers, they are weak, thay save weight by cutting huge holes in the frame, its not like they are made of titanium or graphite to make them light, they skimp on strength to make them light!

dont buy my video. it sucks anyway!!!!
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:09 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I have looked at the GearBoxes by Fleetwood and the Next Gens by Holiday Rambler, they appear to be nice units!

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
I have looked at the GearBoxes by Fleetwood and the Next Gens by Holiday Rambler, they appear to be nice units!
These are both nice units. There are a lot of nice trailers out now days compared to 5 years ago. I have a Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite which is the light version of the Gearbox. They don't skimp on the materials on these trailers to save weight... they used a lot of aluminum which adds to the price. Mines fully insulated for the winters, smooth side, built in pressure washer, fuel station, plumbed for a BBQ, Onan 4k, built in air compressor, Line-x'd ramp dual electric rear beds with a front sleeper, alloy interior, 720 watt surround sound with outdoor speakers, flat panel TV, all LED exterior lighting and constructed with stainless screws unlike many others. Sleeps 6 on a 23' and is 1500 towable... maxed out but I did it last season before the Dmax. Never an issue and love it.

Last edited by mosslager; 06-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Founding Ninja

People who couldnt afford a WW or people that own other generic trailers always talk shiat! Just drive out to the desert and tell me how many WW you see over anything else....there is a reason! As for the warranty thing....go read the post over on RF....They are restructuring the company right now...I called and my warranty is still valid I just cant bring it in until Augusat IF i need to do that.....otherwise i can go have warranty work done anywhere I want and they will OK it after this restructing is over. There is no warranty void, they are not going out of buisness. They have been around the longest and still make IMO the best trailers out there. I didnt buy the WW name, I actually shopped around and was honest with myself....the other trailers like attitude and Rag'n are cheaper for a reason!!! WW is the shit.....Quit hating!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Follow the Underground on Twitter
http://twitter.com/UTVUnderground#/UTVUnderground

Last edited by JoeyD23; 06-27-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement