MDR new Years Dash - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
UTV Desert Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV desert racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

MDR new Years Dash

I keep see all the post of all these (race Rhinos) how many want to come out for the dash?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Founding Ninja

We will have the race RZR out there.....going for the points championship....being that we are always the only SXS racing!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Follow the Underground on Twitter
http://twitter.com/UTVUnderground#/UTVUnderground
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Wide F'n Open

Here's the problem I see and many would agree. In fact I thought this plan was going to be put into action at the Wash race so not sure what happened.

The race needs to be split into and run as 2 seperate groups, slow cars in the morning, fast guys after that. There were so many cars that started the Wash and with no wind you couldnt see shit out there, people were running into each other everywhere making it borderline out of control.

My kid wants to do an MDR race in his Rhino but for the reason above I wont let him. Its too dangerous for the slow cars when McCullum, McMillian and the come by at 80.

Taylor found that out the hard way last year.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

I can under stand your concern i have two boy with trophy karts. I thought that is why they strated recurring the blue lights for slower cars.Myself i told my corider his entire and only job is those two rear veiw mirrors. driver is only as good as the info given to him or her, And as far as THE ORW RAZOR THIS YEAR YES, NEXT YEAR IS ANOTHER STORY!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Founding Ninja

It was actually this year, and yes it is way to dangerous IMHO. Taylor's father feels confident she will be OK but she has been hit in every race so far. As for your rear view mirror........they are garbage, you cant hear the horns and you can see shit in the mirror. Atleast not until the car or truck is already on you. Taylor has had a mature, experienced CoDriver the last 2 races and it didnt make a bit of difference.. They do need to have 2 races, fact is McCallum and McMillin finish byt the time the UTV's do 2 laps............And fior the Record, Taylor can drive in the desert, she is very fast!!! She has been in the desert all her life, I rememebr riding with her when she was 3 and 4. She has experience and knows how to drive fast, sometimes she just drives to hard.....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Wide F'n Open

I said the Wash race, I ment the Superstition 250.
Way too much dust, to many cars on a 30 mile course, lotta dnf's 52 out of 114.
They need to split it up cause theres something wrong when the leaders are coming by before Class 9 has left staging.

Either way we will be out the and watch.
joey, you camping in the pits or somewhere else?
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Ok lets get somehting clear! If you reread my last post ive never said anything how she can drive or even if she can. Ive seen her drive she is fast. should make for good racing on new years and next season. Ive only heard about the one hit when she got hit by the class eight truck(again what i heard they were in a wash differnt lines she crossed over his NEITHER one saw the other. noboyed got hurt is all that matter. as far as the codriver cant help you i have three mirrors big cured colman in the center and the two side mirrors works great for me. How is it that whiplash bestin the desert even score does have as much problems. Cars have rear start so less repeat traffic could be a big factor. the nerwe series Driven I think from what ive seen does even have utv class. This post is getting off what i strated for to get a idea were all the race rhino are thats all!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf736 View Post
I said the Wash race, I ment the Superstition 250.
Way too much dust, to many cars on a 30 mile course, lotta dnf's 52 out of 114.
They need to split it up cause theres something wrong when the leaders are coming by before Class 9 has left staging.

Either way we will be out the and watch.
joey, you camping in the pits or somewhere else?
Pits for sure......we should try and hook up to pre run?

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckMotorsports View Post
Ok lets get somehting clear! If you reread my last post ive never said anything how she can drive or even if she can. Ive seen her drive she is fast. should make for good racing on new years and next season. Ive only heard about the one hit when she got hit by the class eight truck(again what i heard they were in a wash differnt lines she crossed over his NEITHER one saw the other. noboyed got hurt is all that matter. as far as the codriver cant help you i have three mirrors big cured colman in the center and the two side mirrors works great for me. How is it that whiplash bestin the desert even score does have as much problems. Cars have rear start so less repeat traffic could be a big factor. the nerwe series Driven I think from what ive seen does even have utv class. This post is getting off what i strated for to get a idea were all the race rhino are thats all!
Sorry Redneck, I know you werent talkin smack........And you are right, it was more of taylors fault for drifting across the wash but when your going 60mph and the guy coming behind you is pushing 100mph and you got dust blocking your rear mirror vision shit happens.

She got hit in the CODE race 2 times by a class 5/1600 I think it was. Its these shorter loop races that cause so many issues for the slower vehicles.

I was talking with Nate this morning, Taylors dad, he said he would love for you guys to mention your concern for saftey with MDR as he will be. He would like to push for 2 seperate start times and the more UTV's makeing the same suggestiuon would help. They want to race MDR next year but he too is afraid for Taylors saftey running with Class 1's, TT's, and Class 8's.

Again, I apologize for coming off defensive Redneck, that was not my intention.

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Wide F'n Open

We will be there manning a checkpoint or road crossing. We will keep a look out for you guys. DNF would you like to help us with a checkpoint? Jenne has to work so it might be just Eddie & myself. We need @ least 3 people to do it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement