DRIVE-RACING Welcomes UTV'S & TK - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
UTV Desert Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV desert racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Talking DRIVE-RACING Welcomes UTV'S & TK

We are having our first SXS & TK race! Of the weekend of March 20-22 2009 we will be having UTV & Trophy Kart races. Feel free to pm or visit our website at DRIVE-RACING :: Off Road Racing :: Home for further info. Looking @ having 5-7 mile open desert type racing loop. The race can be held on Saturday a couple of hours before the main DRIVE off-road race with cars & trucks. The SXS/UTV course would be on a different course than the regular car & truck course but would use the same start/finish line. DRIVE regulations will be very similar to the rules of BITD safety is #1 with DRIVE-RACING :: Off Road Racing :: Home We would like the UTV fans to give us a hand with volunteering and helping out with the race like to man a checkpoint, help with start finish, and just general recon of the course. We are inviting any questions or comments that you might have feel free to pm me or visit our website. TK races will be held Friday night under the lights in the desert @ main pit area. We also have a forum on Race-Dezert.com lots of info and feedback from our 1st race that was held just a couple of weeks ago DRIVE TrophyLite 200.

[email protected]
[email protected]
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 AM

E-mail Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAJA03 View Post
We are having our first SXS & TK race! Of the weekend of March 20-22 2009 we will be having UTV & Trophy Kart races. Feel free to pm or visit our website at DRIVE-RACING :: Off Road Racing :: Home for further info. Looking @ having 5-7 mile open desert type racing loop. The race can be held on Saturday a couple of hours before the main DRIVE off-road race with cars & trucks. The SXS/UTV course would be on a different course than the regular car & truck course but would use the same start/finish line. DRIVE regulations will be very similar to the rules of BITD safety is #1 with DRIVE-RACING :: Off Road Racing :: Home We would like the UTV fans to give us a hand with volunteering and helping out with the race like to man a checkpoint, help with start finish, and just general recon of the course. We are inviting any questions or comments that you might have feel free to pm me or visit our website. TK races will be held Friday night under the lights in the desert @ main pit area. We also have a forum on Race-Dezert.com lots of info and feedback from our 1st race that was held just a couple of weeks ago DRIVE TrophyLite 200.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Also,
I have asked Larry to head this up for DRIVE in order to have more focus on it as I continue to develope the series. We need your feedback in order to deliver what you want.

Thanks
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

to bad you picked the same weekend as the yamaha rhino rally.DOH

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:33 AM

Info on Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
to bad you picked the same weekend as the yamaha rhino rally.DOH
How can we find info on the rally? I looked on the web but I only saw something from 2007.

Thanks
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive View Post
how can we find info on the rally? I looked on the web but i only saw something from 2007.

Thanks
it is part of the dune tour.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Wide F'n Open

Doug is standup guy as are Jon & Summer who run the volunteer part. They just had their first race on January 17th. & there has been nothing but good reports from racers & spectators. This will be a good series to get into & will be a great opportunity for sxs to desert race. We will be volunteering probably @ a checkpoint.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE View Post
How can we find info on the rally? I looked on the web but I only saw something from 2007.

Thanks

The Dune Tour|Keep up to date on Dune Tour events and sponsors!

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:53 PM

UTV in DRIVE

We will be meeting over the next couple of days to look at rules. My goal is to keep it safe but allow for less expensive vehicles to race. It needs to be a fun event that people can afford.

We are proposing a 3 mile loop and would let the racers vote on how many laps they want to run. We are also looking at starting the UTV race around 1:00 PM on Saturday March 21st. UTV's would share the same start finish area but in a separated lane. They would also share approximately the first 1.2 miles of the main course. By 1:00 most of the cars from the main would be done. By having the UTV race on the same day as the others it would help keep cost down and allow for a decent entry fee and turn out. We will be discussing entry fees this week. Our goal is to have the full program out by Friday.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE View Post
We will be meeting over the next couple of days to look at rules. My goal is to keep it safe but allow for less expensive vehicles to race. It needs to be a fun event that people can afford.

We are proposing a 3 mile loop and would let the racers vote on how many laps they want to run. We are also looking at starting the UTV race around 1:00 PM on Saturday March 21st. UTV's would share the same start finish area but in a separated lane. They would also share approximately the first 1.2 miles of the main course. By 1:00 most of the cars from the main would be done. By having the UTV race on the same day as the others it would help keep cost down and allow for a decent entry fee and turn out. We will be discussing entry fees this week. Our goal is to have the full program out by Friday.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Thanks Doug! I replied to your email with my feedback.

Ben
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 AM

Looks like HRT Motorsports will be racing. Brandon Arthur will be racing his Trophy Kart Friday night along with a UTV Saturday afternoon. Todd Arthur will be racing the Trophy Truck Saturday mourning and a UTV in the afternoon.

If any of you guys show up stop by and say Hi!

HRT Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement