Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

DragonFire Racing Team Green Kawasaki Teryx Wins Baja 500

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Kracker 
#1 ·
DragonFire Racing Team Green Kawasaki Teryx win the Baja 500. Winning Baja in no small task, and I would like to personally thank my Sponsors, Team Green Kawasaki, Fox Racing Shox's, ITP Tires and Wheels, Gear One and Redline Webber. It is with their support and the support of my Family, Friends, Fans and DragonFire Staff; we were able to but the DragonFire Racing Team Green Kawasaki Teryx across the finish line first. Special thanks go out to my pit Crew. We had 4 chase trucks this year. Chase 1: Darren and John, Chase 2: the Bi Polar Team lead by Jim Creegan, Chase 3: on the Dry Lake Bed Kevin, and Chase 4: Rasp, Erick, Jeff, and Fugi, also to my wife and DD for watching the IRC tracking and providing updates all day.
This race would not have been successful without the determination of my two Drivers Reid Nordin and Hans Waage. We had one issue with a rear upright at RM 190 that cost us 3 hours to drive in and repair, but beyond that the race was flawless.
This year we used three new DragonFire Products on the Car, things we learned from the 1000 and these changes made the car run fast and cool all day. We used our Canister air system, new EFI and oiling system, as well as new Alternator design. Special thanks to Darren for coming up with the design of these new products, and understanding what it would take to have our cars cross the finish line.
Darren was also instrumental in prepping my Class 1 car; we had a flawless race until RM 423, just a few miles from the finish. We had an electrical failure that stopped the car. We battled between 3rd and 5th all day, the guys from COPS, Park House, the Herbst's, Danzio and Lettner's made it a great battle all the way to the finish. I drove the entire race with Jack Mc Cormick at my side keeping me motivated throughout this 8 hour battle. Several times battling with our Trophy Truck Team that had a brake line get cut off at RM 20 that put him back with the Class 1 cars all day, and was able to still finish 10th in TT. Great Job Pistol for keeping the truck out front and brining her home.
Pre Run Pictures and Race Stories will be posted at Dragon Fire Racing Blog
Thanks for the support and See you at LOORS in a few weeks.
Todd Romano
DragonFIre Racing

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.