NEW short course series for 2009 - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
UTV Short Track Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV short track racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

NEW short course series for 2009

We just got the call from Corry Sappington.
Here is everything I know right now, there is supposed to be an official announcement on Wednesday the 10th.
Tony V, formerly with CORR, has started a new series.
The series will run at 3 tracks, Primm Nevada, Firebird Raceway, and Del Mar CA.
I didn't hear how many events, but I would guess 6.
The series will run like CORR in terms of format and classes, and will use the same rules that CORR used in 08.
The series has Speed Channel TV coverage, for all classes. However, there are no details as to how the coverage will be broken between classes.
There are some major sponsors on board already, unfortunately I didn't catch their names.

This is great news!!! We have somewhere to compete in 09! And, I am pumped that the series will hit 3 major hubs, San Diego, Phoenix, and las Vegas.
Who's ready to go racing again???

Benchmark Performance
760-484-0986
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Wide F'n Open

That is good news.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Founding Ninja

Nice!!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Founding Ninja

That's great news.

Also GrindingStone plans on hosting professional UTV races with plans on hopefully attracting out of state racers to there series.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Wreckin' Shop

I'd go to the one in Vegas......Give me a reason to go and blow my hard earned cash

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 09:13 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
I'd go to the one in Vegas......Give me a reason to go and blow my hard earned cash

Come on down our economy sucks we need more "tourists"
If you do come bring your rhino ... theres some great desert rides that start basically at the track ...

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Founding Ninja

thats awesome but where at Del Mar are they going to race I wonder? That rodeo stadium area where they do tuff trucks is a little too small....intersting at any rate!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Follow the Underground on Twitter
http://twitter.com/UTVUnderground#/UTVUnderground
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Wide F'n Open

Well here it is............everything but.....UTV's. news of this series was leaked by one of the top UTV engine builder there is, and then hes not included. Seems odd.

The Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series
Kicks Up the Dirt For The 2009 Short Course Season

Hesperia, CA (January 9, 2009) Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series will kick off its 2009 inaugural season on April 4th & 5th at the Primm Valley Motorsports Complex in Primm, NV.

“Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series will prove to be the premier short course racing series in 2009.”
– Tony Vanillo, CEO, Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series

The 2009 schedule is as follows:
l April 4-5 Primm Valley Motorsports Complex, Primm NV
l May 2-3 Speedworld Motorsports Park, Wittmann, AZ

l June 27-28 Kal Gard Motorsports Complex, Lake Elsinore, CA

l Aug 22-23 Kal Gard Motorsports Complex, Lake Elsinore, CA

l Oct 17-18 Speedworld Motorsports Park, Wittmann, AZ

l Nov 14-15 Primm Valley Motorsports Complex, Primm, NV

“Lucas Oil Products is lending its full support to Tony and Sherry Vanillo, to help guide short course off-road racing in a new direction. Lucas Oil has been involved in off-road racing for almost twenty years and I cannot remember a time when the sport has needed leadership more than now. I believe the Vanillos have the right business concept, the sponsorship support, driver support and promoter involvement to make this new series viable. Lucas Oil is committed to this Series and is proud to have it called the Lucas Oil American Off Road Series. Lucas Oil Studios will be providing the television production services, with 13 original one hour HD episodes airing on SPEED. Additional coverage of selected classes within this Series will also be featured on the Outdoor Channel.” - Bob Patison, Executive Vice-President, Lucas Oil Products

"We are very excited to be involved with the series and to be working with companies like Lucas Oil and General Tire. This marks a new and great direction in off-road motorsports. We are proud to be a part of it." - Mike DeFord, Bully Dog Technologies

“General Tire is proud to be apart of the Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series in its inaugural year. General Tire has had a long standing partnership with Lucas Oil and this is just the next step in our continued support of Lucas Oil events. We are committed to providing products for short course racing in 2009 and will continue to support the off-road community with the same excitement General Tire brought to desert racing in 2008.”
- Travis Roffler, Director of Marketing, General Tire

This high impact, televised series will showcase the following 2WD & 4WD truck classes:

l Unlimited 4 Full-size 4WD race vehicles, V8 engines, 800 + HP
l Unlimited 2 Full-size 2WD race vehicles, V8 engines, 800 + HP
l Unlimited Lite Compact/Mid-sized 2WD race vehicles, 4 cylinder engines, 300 HP
l Super Lite Mid-size 2WD, two seat, 200 HP
l Unlimited Buggy 1650 cc water-cooled 4 cylinder and VW Type 1 engine
l Limited Buggy 1600 cc VW Type 1 engine
l KART Single seat, custom-built mini race trucks, Drivers 8 - 15 yrs old. 50 MPH

Additional Sponsors and Sponsorship packages will be announced in upcoming weeks.

About Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series
Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series was formed by Tony Vanillo in 2009. Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series is based in Hesperia, California and is a short course racing sanctioning body. The series was born from a style of racing which began in the early 70’s and hit mainstream in 2006. Lucas Oil American Off-Road Series brings intense, adrenaline, action-packed racing to spectators and television viewers. American Off Road Series 2009
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

I spoke with Bob from Glen Helen for a good while today.
He doesn't have UTVs scheduled for 09, but could add them at any time. They are running a true "CORR style" track. 1 mile long, 1000 ft front straight, big bowl turn, big table tops, etc. He says the dirt has a lot of clay, should be pretty hard surface. Will be all land rush starts, 100 ft wide start area, 60 ft wide first turn entrance, 40 ft wide narrowest point on the track.
he said he could run UTVs on the track the same time as Stadium Lites, but score them seperately.

Entries will likely be $100 for Sportsman (think old school Odyssey), $150 for Stadium Lit, and $300 for trucks and buggies.
Will have solid rules, rule enforcement, and track operation.

One of the issues is that 3 of the dates conflict with RJ's dates.
he talked about doing 3 existing race dates, non conflicting with RJ, and adding UTVs on those dates.
Bottom line is that he is open to suggestions and is looking for more info from more UTV racers.

Benchmark Performance
760-484-0986
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:17 AM
1/2 Throttle

Is this the Tony V series, or Glen Helen's series? I'm not happy that the Tony V series even has Trophy Karts, but not UTV's - it amazes me.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement