DragonFire Racing Aligns with Roeseler and Team Green - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
UTV Short Track Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV short track racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

DragonFire Racing Aligns with Roeseler and Team Green

Larry Roeseler, Kawasaki Team Green and DragonFire Racing Team up for Rounds 5 and 6 of the Lucas Oil Offroad Series

DragonFire Racing, multi-time Baja Champion Larry Roeseler and Team Green Kawasaki will be at Rounds 5 and 6 this weekend in the Lucas Oil Offroad Series.
As the Side-by-Side industry grows, it grows attention. Attention is coming from new sponsors, manufacturers, and drivers. Short course racing has brought a lot of attention to the Side By Side market, and the close racing amongst manufacturers and drivers continues to bring new and talented people into the sport.
Larry Roeseler not only brings talent and positive attention to our sport but a personality that is approachable and a fan base that stretches many generations. Larry is a recognized motorcycle racer with ten overall wins in the Baja 1000, nine overalls at the Baja 500, ten I.S.D.E. Gold Medals and has been inducted into the American Motorcycle Association's Hall of Fame. Not stopping in his two-wheel winning ways, Larry took to four wheels in 1995 and has since added three more Baja 1000 overalls and also two more Baja 500s, not to mention numerous championships and class wins along the way.
Larry has been a Kawasaki Team Green Rider for 18 years, and continues to be a spokesman for the company. His ability to not only improve a vehicle but to continue its development is what makes this new racing team so exciting. DragonFire Racing has spent the last six months designing this car for Larry, and has made it the most advanced race car on the track.
"I am a very lucky man, being involved in so many different projects over the years, and now this with DragonFire Racing-I'm very excited," said Roeseler. "I can't wait for everyone to see this car and team at the LOORS races. It'll turn some heads, and trust me, we'll win some races."
The Teryx Larry will be driving will set a standard for the Side by Side industry and will only help to grow and improve the products that we see available at the manufacturer and aftermarket accessory levels. The DragonFire Team Green Teryx has specifically designed to allow the suspension to provide over 17 inches of wheel travel but still meet the width requirement set forth in the LOORS rules. To handle the 120 horsepower developed by the DFR Teryx motor, the car will have 14-inch ITP tires on all four corners. Type 1 rear axles and CVs with inboard hubs and disc brakes were developed to accommodate the horsepower and CV angle. Developments in the steering system include new front steer spindles, custom racks, quick steer and a steering damper. All-new A-arms were designed, with 24-inch Fox shocks mounted to the lower arms both front and rear, keeping the roll center of the car as low as possible. Fox designed all-new shocks with 8-inch remote reservoirs for increased cooling capacity, as well as larger-diameter shock bodies and shock shafts to enhance the increased travel. A hanging racing billet brake pedal with a remote reservoir was developed to provide more space in the driving compartment. Race Pack created a digital dash that displays RPM, speed, water and oil temperatures and oil pressure, as well as shock temperature, allowing the driver to manage all the key functions of the vehicle.
All these products and more will make it to market and be available for the weekend racer or warrior. It is products like these that will put DragonFire Racing and Kawasaki on the podium and on your car.
To learn more on the car and DragonFire Racing please follow this link.
DragonFire Production Based CORR, BITD and SCORE legal Side x Side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 43.jpg (28.7 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Founding Ninja

funco, weller racing and XMF had better be on their game I guess.

I will have a prime seat to watch all of this bumpin and banging that is gonna happen. anyone want to put a camera in my car, should be some good footage.

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

I would ask UTV underground they might have a cam for you. I'll see you there some of us are rolling out tomarrow. Can't wait I love racing.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 PM

DragonFire, I have been trying to decide to swap a motor into my Rhino (rotax) or purchase a Teryx and have Weller build me a motor. I have been leaning towards Weller because their Teryxs have been consistently faster than everyone. I know that they told me the hp is around 75 at the rear in their race machines. Are your 120 hp numbers at the rear or the crank? I have been watching your car and have even called you about purchasing your car. I plan on being at the race this weekend in Lake Elisnore to see who is the quickest / fastest of the group. I know one race will not make me decide but it will definitely help.

Good luck
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfan View Post
DragonFire, I have been trying to decide to swap a motor into my Rhino (rotax) or purchase a Teryx and have Weller build me a motor. I have been leaning towards Weller because their Teryxs have been consistently faster than everyone. I know that they told me the hp is around 75 at the rear in their race machines. Are your 120 hp numbers at the rear or the crank? I have been watching your car and have even called you about purchasing your car. I plan on being at the race this weekend in Lake Elisnore to see who is the quickest / fastest of the group. I know one race will not make me decide but it will definitely help.

Good luck
We are seeing that at the crank and mid to high 70's to the ground and have ben clocked at over 80mph. I'll be out there too so feel free to stop by and I'll show you around the car. We have just finished the final design on the 2 seat version chassis and 3 are being built as we speak. Larry Roeseler seemed very happy with the car last time he drove it so I'm looking forward to seeing him tear it up this weekend.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM

price

How much will this car cost? If I purchase a Teryx (7500.00) build a motor (3500.00) add suspension ($5000.00) then I'm looking at $16000.00 for the top items. Add another $3500.00 for gauges, cage modifications, tires etc... This will get me a 80+ mph Teryx will all the goodies. Will your come equipped with the similar motor and performance parts for a similar price?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfan View Post
How much will this car cost? If I purchase a Teryx (7500.00) build a motor (3500.00) add suspension ($5000.00) then I'm looking at $16000.00 for the top items. Add another $3500.00 for gauges, cage modifications, tires etc... This will get me a 80+ mph Teryx will all the goodies. Will your come equipped with the similar motor and performance parts for a similar price?
When we first came up with this idea Todd wanted to make a turnkey car for 20,000. One thing to keep in mind though is this car is a whole different animal; it will walk all over a built Teryx. We have done some pretty tricky stuff from moving the diff's out further to give a longer wheel base and developing a suspension set-up capable of pulling over 17" of wheel travel while still staying legal for racing. I came from a Moto background, I have road some of the most factory bikes in the world and I can truly say that this is the closest you can get to factory hands down. Most people see factory motorsports products and know that there is no way to even buy what they have. With this car you will be buying a factory Team Green developed car. We really are offering everything we race with. This car has cost us a whole pile of money to develop and the whole point is to be able to put out a car that can't be touched while still not requiring a factory backing to get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement