Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Next Pismo trip

27K views 210 replies 24 participants last post by  1100ccRhino 
#1 · (Edited)
Next Pismo trip 9/12-9/14

I see the Glamis guys are planning a trip out there again on the Sept. 12 weekend. I was talking to some of my friends and we are tenatively planning a trip to Pismo that weekend too. (bonus full moon - I didn't even think of that).

Anybody else planning on going that weekend?

#4 ·
All my local friends are on for that weekend, so we'll be there. :clap:

So, my rig is a 2WD ford dually. Am I gonna get stuck down there? I've tried to sell it and buy me a new F250 (I don't need the dually anymore) but the last deal I tried working, the dealer only offered me $8900 for it! I called him names and walked off...

#9 ·
I have friends that go with us.....

I drive their truck and trailer in for them. They have an F150 that is 2 wheel drive with skinny tires. I air down the trailer and truck tires to 10 psi and I drive it in. No problems. Keep your speed up and dont stop until you are pointing back down towards the water. I usually go in about 300 feet or so..... Take a strap just in case. Someone will pull you out.

#14 ·
Here's my rig...

I might get to roll in with a new single rear wheel 4X4 if I play my cards right. I'm tired of this 350 and looking to step down to a 250 now. Incentives keep getting better. Chevy is offering 10% below invoice (plus I think 0%) now. Just gotta wait for Ford to follow suit. I think Labor day is a good day to expect it.

Attachments

#20 ·
Man, I have a lot to do between now and the 12th. I still have to get a green sticker for the cart, weld some tabs on the cage for a flag, and add some rear lights (red AND amber???)

F250Gal - let me know if you decide to go. I will buy a couple bales from you so I can write the trip off! W00T!!!!

#22 ·
Pismo again

I could take the kid up for a day trip, and bring the box trailer with some hay in it for you....When we get closer to the date we can pm about it.

That weekend is sold out or I would try and go for an overnight trip. Dont want to get a ticket LOL

#24 · (Edited)
oops, my bad, I was looking at another weekend, so maybe I can do an overnight trip......:clap:

Might come up on the afternoon of the 13th and stay over the one night. Might be fun.

Well Reserve America is down for maintenance so I will check tomorrow. Sounds like it should not be hard to get a spot with all those that are available. Kids back in school, summer over. lol

#25 ·
I have a 2wd One leg Dodge Ram that I air down to 8 psi. I have went to comp hill and back at pismo. A couple of spots/ Hills I had to haul ass though, back up and haul even more ass. I pulled my 16' trailer Rhino 2 quads and 2 dirt bikes up and down a couple of rows looking for my group. Its all about Air pressure and keeping your tires ontop of the sand. Its funny because when I do get stuck my cousin can usually jump in my truck and drive right out. Driver gots skill:cool:

#26 ·
Thats impressive... was it early when the sand was wet? I just got back and I had to use 4wd aired down to 15psi all around to get up and down the rows with my trailer and my brothers 2wd with a rear locker aired down to 15 all around buried itself pretty quick..... been 4wheeling for a long time but that shit swallows you when its dry.

#27 ·
15 psi is a no go for me two. BFG All terrains down to 8 psi is my trucks sweet spot. 6 psi worked better but my tires look scary plus I got a fix it ticket driving on Grand Ave. Two pounds really makes a difference in looks. Fourth of July this year was when I had the trailer and toys. I started and stopped back by the bathrooms a couple of times trying to find some level ground. After 3 days with the trailer siting I couldnt pull it out. I couldnt move more than a foot before my tires was digging in. Never could get on top of the sand

#32 ·
Yeah I feel for ya on that one. My work truck is a dually and I hate having to fill up the tires. Now add sand and a slow ass compressor to the mix.:wave: It would turn houdini gay

#33 ·
I got this big ass list of shit to do and what do I go and do this afternoon? I yank the cage, meaning to weld a brace across the back for some shoulder straps and I end of chopping it 4". I'm so dumb!

It's gonna look good now that it's a chopped top but I still have the braces to weld on. I gotta weld a couple tabs to the back for whips... yatta yatta yatta.
Shit - a bimini top would be nice too, but I don't see that happening in time.

#34 ·
Okay folks, I'm headed out mid morning Friday. Anyone else going? Should be a pretty quiet weekend down there with the pick of the spots for camping. Can anyone give me some idea of a better place to set up camp.
Oh, how do they verify the reservations I made with reserveamerica also? Do I have to take something with me?

#36 ·
Yep, print those reservations out, I usually write my license plate and the plate of the trailer on the paperwork so that it makes the job faster at the gate.
:eek:k:
Have fun at the beach...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.