((street legal nevada)) help - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Western Region The Western Region includes the following States:

Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

((street legal nevada)) help

I could find a way to change the title so here a new thread with a catchy title.
Enclosed is the email to send with a link to officials and a link to the NEVADA LAW FOR LSV SB179 thread with the full 411.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email this
email draft to send to the DMV and the heads of the transportation committee. -emails are listed below

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Director Roberts:

Re: Owner Modified Low Speed Vehicles - SB179

I as well as many others who are interested in getting owner modified side by sides as well as golf carts registered in the state as low speed vehicles have been monitoring the emails and the state law that would have allowed the registration of these vehicles for over 2 years now.

Through Craig Castleberry who has done most of the research on this issue, until now, has spoken for me. I feel it is time for my voice to be heard on this issue.

Our owner modified vehicles, when rebuilt to meet FMVSS should be registered as the DMV has done with other vehicles, including dirt bikes, kit cars and home built units. We have monitored this subject with interest and have been shocked by the continued use of poor research by the DMV designed to hinder our efforts.

I feel we have never needed a new law however when told to seek a new law by the DMV, we did, only to find the DMV fighting against the very law it told us to get and it was fought against by the DMV using incorrect information given to our elected officials. We also feel based upon what other states have done and recent conversations with LCB that no real liability exists on the state.

Due to some officials at the DMV using incorrect legal interpretation and the DMV not applying policies fairly, the DMV has denied our registrations. I ask for a complete and fair hearing on this issue.

name
address
phone number

cc. Assemblyman Kelvin Atkinson
cc. Senator Michael Schneider

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since SB179 is officially dead I would also send a copy to the heads of the transportation committee cc above which we may need if we are to insert this law into a new bill.

email to:

Directors email is [email protected]
Deputy Directors email is [email protected]
Assemblyman [email protected]
Senator [email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to original post with the 411 and a link to sign up for more info.

http://www.rhinotalk.net/forums/west...html#post85097
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Bob post this on RF and UTVUG too...if you would please!

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

I already posted on RF. I have some whinnier over there that thinks this is a more government deal. He also thinks a ploy to get him to pay sales tax for something he tried to circumvent my buying out of state. I told him we buy out of state to avoid being ripped off thousands my the local dealers not trying short the state $775.00 in tax.

I'm not hip to UTVUG. If you are a member over there. Feel free to copy and paste my post.

Thanks Bryan

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I already posted on RF. I have some whinnier over there that thinks this is a more government deal. He also thinks a ploy to get him to pay sales tax for something he tried to circumvent my buying out of state. I told him we buy out of state to avoid being ripped off thousands my the local dealers not trying short the state $775.00 in tax.

I'm not hip to UTVUG. If you are a member over there. Feel free to copy and paste my post.

Thanks Bryan
haha oh fuck that guys got some issues, gov. conspiracy, to get his tax money. bet he's scared of ufo's too. lol

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

Sometimes you have too point out the obvious and they still don't get it

I saw your post over there. Good job !!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

double post
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:56 PM

I replied to the goof ball's post too

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan M View Post
I replied to the goof ball's post too
You the man
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 06:24 PM

Whata douche bag that guy is... I was gonna rip em Bob but well see how he responds first...maybe he should try payin his taxes to the state he likes driving in, making money in, owning a house in....if he wasnt so busy tryin to not pay $800 in taxes maybe he'd own the tt he brags about working on....I dont know, just a thought

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan M View Post
Whata douche bag that guy is... I was gonna rip em Bob but well see how he responds first...maybe he should try payin his taxes to the state he likes driving in, making money in, owning a house in....if he wasnt so busy tryin to not pay $800 in taxes maybe he'd own the tt he brags about working on....I dont know, just a thought
I hear ya. But some men you just can't reach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement