Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

First Dune Trip

Tags
dune teryx trip
7K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Mush 
#1 ·
So who is going to be the volunteer to assist me on my first dune trip with the Teryx when it is complete? Assuming I have never driven a sxs in the dunes, I would really like to not kill myself or destroy the machine the first time out.

So who is the dune teacher going to be?

#3 ·
Ummm what?

#8 ·
Thanks, that is what I am looking for...what I think I can or should do might be a completely different story when out with someone who knows what they are doing.

#14 ·
pussy the first time I drove my Rhino or any sxs in the dunes I slammed a 6 pack and took off to the hill at night at the BRP meet. that shit was intense. lol
we duned the back way in; took forever.

anyways just remember not to grip the steering wheel to hard while transfering between dunes. let it guide its self when you turn down into them. i tried to hold a few time and man power it and almost fliped it both times.

#20 ·
we can start a class and have a few senior guys or gals teach the ways of the dunes....i think i need long travel, everytime i go out i always feel like im going to tip my shit over........never feel to stable...:clap:

#27 ·
D/P come out to pismo in oct. and hook up with F250GAL she can drive all over with out putting you in any danger and you will get the feal for the sand f250gal and her hubby have done nothing to there rhino and they dont go try to impress no one! then after you have a feal for the sand biggjim and I will take you out :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.