Speaker Noise - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Speaker Noise

Ok so my friend has this humming (best way to describe it) through his speakers in his Rhino. Where could this interference be coming from? Has anyone else had to deal with this?

The humming stays the same regardless of volume or speed.

Rumor has it that it could be the CDI? I just do not know why the CDI would cause interference

I would think in would be something more like a ground or something, but what do all of you Rhino owners think?

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:31 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Ok so my friend has this humming (best way to describe it) through his speakers in his Rhino. Where could this interference be coming from? Has anyone else had to deal with this?

The humming stays the same regardless of volume or speed.

Rumor has it that it could be the CDI? I just do not know why the CDI would cause interference

I would think in would be something more like a ground or something, but what do all of you Rhino owners think?
Sounds like a grounding issue to me.

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Wide F'n Open

Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
Sounds like a grounding issue to me.
Yup could be a ground loop... make sure his ground(s) are solid, try jumping it to the battery.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Red Cup Ninja

does he have a seperate amplifier as well?

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Yes there is an amp and a headunit.

He claims that he took out his aftermarket CDI and replaced it with stock and the noise went away almost completely.

I am just confused and not an electrical genious so I really do not know what it is.

I did tell him to check his grounds though.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Red Cup Ninja

he needs to run his power and ground wire to the amp completely seperate of each other, running them side by side gives you a humm noise at all times. if that dosent work then bypass the amp and see if the noise goes away, if it does it might be an internal amp problem.

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Red Cup Ninja

i almost forgot, most amps have a gain control or volume knob on them. if it does make sure its not at its highest level.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Good suggestions...I will have him try that.

Just not sure why the noise changed when the CDI was changed.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

you could also add a noise suppressor, they sell em at kragen.
most likely from a bad ground though.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Good suggestions...I will have him try that.

Just not sure why the noise changed when the CDI was changed.
Some of the CDI are not properly shielded so they throw off some EMI, it happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement