Quick Disconnects - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Quick Disconnects

Hey everyone, like most of you I have wires running throughout the inside of the cage. Unfortunately, unlike most of you, I have to remove my cage to get the hood off. With that said, I would like to put some quick disconnects at the base of where the wire heads up the a-pillar. Any ideas where I can pick up some single male and female disconnects that are at the least weather resistant?

Thanks!

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Hey everyone, like most of you I have wires running throughout the inside of the cage. Unfortunately, unlike most of you, I have to remove my cage to get the hood off. With that said, I would like to put some quick disconnects at the base of where the wire heads up the a-pillar. Any ideas where I can pick up some single male and female disconnects that are at the least weather resistant?

Thanks!
http://www.rhinotalk.net/forums/yama...sconnects.html

Just a couple threads down. Looks like the weatherpack ones are the best bet.

WEAR IT.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Nice, I am going to run down to NAPA and see what they have for the Weatherpacks!

My fear is that they are not going to have anything for an 8 gauge wire.

Thanks!

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Nice, I am going to run down to NAPA and see what they have for the Weatherpacks!

My fear is that they are not going to have anything for an 8 gauge wire.

Thanks!
Theyve got em... if not the can get em next day. Most or all Napa's are able to get there parts next day.

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
Machined sheavelDynateck ECUlXMF +6l2-4" 3-7" HID's
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Hmm seems they only go up to 12 gauge wire I need some to handle 8 gauge wire.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Well these are not singles nor weather proof....but I used RC car battery connectors on my light bar....They worked out great

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Hmm seems they only go up to 12 gauge wire I need some to handle 8 gauge wire.
Weather pack make a connector that handles the bigger wire. I think it was the 218 or something. What are you using 8ga for?

WEAR IT.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I was looking at the site, did not see anything in an 8 gauge.

The wire is used to run my 40" LED lightbar

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Ya I was looking at the site, did not see anything in an 8 gauge.

The wire is used to run my 40" LED lightbar
You don't need 8 gauge for 11 amps DP,, the wire and plug in the 40 in LEDS we installed only comes with 12 gauge.

Rog

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Founding Ninja

Keep it simple for lights etc and stop pissing money and time away... just get a good ratchet crimper that adjusts from 12ga-18ga and get some weather tight bullet connectors from the auto part store. Leave some slack (couple inches) tucked away... every couple years you cut and re-crimp another $3.00 worth of connectors if needed. In all honesty unless you are in Pismo or Oregon dunes often you won't have issues most likely. For the average So Cal / Az rider it is dry out and you are fine. If you are still worried then get some heat shrink and go over each time you are done reconnecting... its cheap also and readily available. You don't need those complicated high dollar disconnects unless you're taking your Rhino swimming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement