Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Harbor Freight Tools HID"S

5K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Rooster Fish 
#1 ·
Anybody here know of or have first hand experience w/these fine pieces of electrical equipment.... are the worth the buck? any problems? or better off w/the Kragen HID'S:confused:

#4 ·
I view anything bought from Harbor Freight as "disposable."
If I can get a few uses out of it, I'm happy.

If I need to purchase something with any semblance of durability, I choose to shop elsewhere.

Perhaps their HIDs are the same Chinese ones that most places sell. But based on my past experience, I wouldn't expect them to last.

#16 ·
Sorry to hi-jack guys...... do you have trouble opening your hood w/ the lightbar on the bumper or is it far enough forward?? Also, are those 4" lights?
One more ??? , did u fab the light bar up and what diameter pipe is it?

Thanks and sorry for the hi-jack

#18 ·
I bought the Harbor Freight 9" prior to the Kragen 4" coming out. The Harbor are too big for a Rhino, and I think the housing is plastic. I never put the Harbors on. The Kragen seem to be a much better housing and sealed better. They also come with the lexan covers, the Harbors do not. The Kragen work great and I think the best option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.