Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

500 Watt Stator voltage problem??

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  azcourt 
#1 ·
Just installed a Hunterworks 500W stator and the instructions say it will increase voltage up to 15V. Mine is operating at 18. Anyone think that will be a problem? Tried calling Hunterworks, but they are closed.

#3 ·
Yes, it came with a new regulator/rectifier. I am worried about my GPS/Radio/Intercom. Don't want it to shorten it's life.

#6 ·
What are the major problems. The 18 volts is on my Autometer gauge not at the battery

#8 ·
Not sure I follow your theory on how to connect the guage. The guage is going to read your battery no matter where you put it. Rev it up and your gauge will go up as the stator bumps the current. At idle these do not do any significant charging. Just off idle the voltage goes up to 14.7. The faster it revs the more the stator puts out. That is only to the regulator. The regulator rectifies it and regulates it to the battery.

The only issues I have heard of was when they first came out they had some bad rectifier/regulators. That was 2 years ago from my understanding.

#9 ·
Not sure I follow your theory on how to connect the guage. The guage is going to read your battery no matter where you put it. Rev it up and your gauge will go up as the stator bumps the current. At idle these do not do any significant charging. Just off idle the voltage goes up to 14.7. The faster it revs the more the stator puts out. That is only to the regulator. The regulator rectifies it and regulates it to the battery.

The only issues I have heard of was when they first came out they had some bad rectifier/regulators. That was 2 years ago from my understanding.

so your reading 18 off the battery dustin??? this why I say check it with a multimeter also at revs.

#11 ·
The guage is going to read your battery no matter where you put it.

it will read higher if its befor the bat. most autos run a gauge at alt. and read 13 to 15 volts if volts are cheeked at the starter or at the main relay box it will only read 12.5 to 13.5 volts! the amps are much diferant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.