Lowrance XOG - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
roger v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Claremont/Apple Valley
Posts: 620
Lowrance XOG

How is this thing for off-roading? Sounds like it is durable, and it is way cheaper than the 540c.


WEAR IT.
roger v is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Founding Ninja
 
dentedmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: henderson , NV
Posts: 227
i bought one 6 moths ago it was 230 bucks and was just at bass pro shop and it was 150. i have used it a few times and loaded topo maps on it seems to be ok sofar.

It is nice that you can move it to your car also

i hate when this happens


http://dentedmetal.com/
dentedmetal is offline  
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
roger v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Claremont/Apple Valley
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedmetal View Post
i bought one 6 moths ago it was 230 bucks and was just at bass pro shop and it was 150. i have used it a few times and loaded topo maps on it seems to be ok sofar.

It is nice that you can move it to your car also
It would be only for the rhino. I have the kenwood avic blah blah in the truck. How are the topo maps? How is the screen?


WEAR IT.
roger v is offline  
 
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 07:36 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Mush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hendertucky NV
Posts: 3,207
brian M has one and he loves it, i was gonna get the same one, they are on sale cheap right now at bass pro

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
Mush is offline  
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
roger v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Claremont/Apple Valley
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mush View Post
brian M has one and he loves it, i was gonna get the same one, they are on sale cheap right now at bass pro
Hope he can chime in with some info.


WEAR IT.
roger v is offline  
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 10:40 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Bryan M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ummmmmm Im not sure..fuck, I think were lost!
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mush View Post
brian M has one and he loves it, i was gonna get the same one, they are on sale cheap right now at bass pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger v View Post
Hope he can chime in with some info.
Whatcha want to know about it???? I really like mine so far you need to purchase mapcreate 7 with it to get all your topo maps(you can create your own topos its pretty effin cool) it replaces your ipod also! just put your music on a SD card and then plug your ipod cable in and youve got music...
I used the lil mounting disc they sell with it and the suction cup arm works way better than I would have thought(rolled it at 40mph and lots of things came loose but the XOG held firm)....if you go into the electrical threads(forum) I should have one I started about this unit and it has pics!!! You can also download SAT images(maps) from google and use those instead of topo maps...I didnt like driving by SAT....topo was much better to drive by IMHO.

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
Bryan M is offline  
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
roger v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Claremont/Apple Valley
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan M View Post
Whatcha want to know about it???? I really like mine so far you need to purchase mapcreate 7 with it to get all your topo maps(you can create your own topos its pretty effin cool) it replaces your ipod also! just put your music on a SD card and then plug your ipod cable in and youve got music...
I used the lil mounting disc they sell with it and the suction cup arm works way better than I would have thought(rolled it at 40mph and lots of things came loose but the XOG held firm)....if you go into the electrical threads(forum) I should have one I started about this unit and it has pics!!! You can also download SAT images(maps) from google and use those instead of topo maps...I didnt like driving by SAT....topo was much better to drive by IMHO.
How readable is it during the day? Hard to store waypoints/input coordinates?


WEAR IT.
roger v is offline  
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Bryan M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ummmmmm Im not sure..fuck, I think were lost!
Posts: 1,377
Its readable but I have a roof on my rhino..so.. IDK if you dont.
Waypoints and finding cordinates is easy imo.

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
Bryan M is offline  
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
roger v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Claremont/Apple Valley
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan M View Post
Its readable but I have a roof on my rhino..so.. IDK if you dont.
Waypoints and finding cordinates is easy imo.
I have a roof as well. I currently have the Garmin Colorado 400t, it is really hard to see...


WEAR IT.
roger v is offline  
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:10 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor
 
Bryan M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ummmmmm Im not sure..fuck, I think were lost!
Posts: 1,377
On the XOG you can go into the display setup and adjust the brightness..


Edit: Heres a link to the page with some photos.... http://www.rhinotalk.net/forums/yama...xog-users.html

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
Bryan M is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lowrance XOG users? Bryan M Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions 25 03-24-2009 09:02 AM
Lowrance 540C questions BiggJim Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions 18 11-19-2008 10:03 PM
Lowrance GlobalMap 540C Users dieselpowered Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions 38 07-28-2008 11:32 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58