shuts off after about 45 mins - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

shuts off after about 45 mins

have an '04 660 that will die after just a bit of riding and turn over but won't start. dash goes out but electric fan and fuel pump will run with key on. After it sits for a few mins the dash will come on and it will start. so far, I've replaced CDI box, run ground wire from battery to buggy and from engine to buggy, checked all plugs , and cleaned and used dielectric grease on all plugs. I was wondering if anyone else had run into this problem and had an idea where I need to be looking to fix it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 11:36 PM
LBR
Administrator

Never have had the problem but it sure sounds like a relay. I can't remember the wiring on these if there is a relay for only the dash and ignition together.

Next time after riding about half hour, leave it running and open hood, pop off the battery lid, and feel the tops of all relays with finger....if you have one getting pretty hot, that may be the self setting relay that kills the dash/ignition for a few minutes, cools down, then makes contact again so you can continue on...just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement