Custom alternator question. - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

Custom alternator question.

anyone running an alternator??? I have one and it went bad.... Are you guys running it straight to the battery although there is a stator hooked up to???? No diodes or isolators of any sorts? Are you guys all running a 2nd battery on another circuit so you don't even combine electricals??? I don't want to mess up my stock stator is all.......

Rhino mafia race LT kit, tube chassis by SouthBayRhino.com, SBR's gusset kit, frame box in kit, spindle gussets, tie rods, etc etc, big bore high compression, Ported head, cam, built FCR carb, ACI 1 off exhaust, dynatek cdi and coil, custom clutch all done by DASA racing, South Bay Rhino alternator, Hella BiG HID's, Fuel Safe, full size mastercraft suspension seat, huge frank and beans if you know what I mean!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Wide F'n Open

One of my rhinos run an alt. And it runs a 2nd batt just for lights and stereo only stock stater runs stock batt. And that is for dash and starting and stock head lights only

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

Thats how mine was, but I'm trying to eliminate having the weight of another battery onboard. I think the stocker is fine for me, and I just have 7 HID lights (5 on top, and 2 stock replacement). I took sounds out too.... More of a race rhino. Ready to be hosed down at any time.... I'm just hoping I'm not messing anything up by doing this......

Rhino mafia race LT kit, tube chassis by SouthBayRhino.com, SBR's gusset kit, frame box in kit, spindle gussets, tie rods, etc etc, big bore high compression, Ported head, cam, built FCR carb, ACI 1 off exhaust, dynatek cdi and coil, custom clutch all done by DASA racing, South Bay Rhino alternator, Hella BiG HID's, Fuel Safe, full size mastercraft suspension seat, huge frank and beans if you know what I mean!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Wide F'n Open

Get a smaller batt. And just run lights off it biggjim runs all his lights with no alt. I think you should bealbul to do that and then remove the alt. Altogether

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Wreckin' Shop

I run 5 hids with a second battery.......No need for an alternator yet

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement