Oddesy batteries???? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Wreckin' Shop

Oddesy batteries????

What are you guys doing as far as battery power??? I am running 5 HID's and nothing else. My local guy here tells me I need 2 Oddesy batteries???? That seems a little overkill to me. What do you guys run???? And what type of electrical extras ( Ie, sterio, lights, GPS) do you have???? And if I get the oddesy can anyone confirm that its the 925 that I need.

Thanks A bunch!!!!!!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Wide F'n Open

I ran 4 kragen HID lights and stock replacements HID out in dumont on the stocker alone, lights (but not the rhino) died in 30 minutes.

The oddesy I ran same setup, lasted for about 45. The oddesy is actually a little smaller than the stocker. But is a much better battery, my understanding is it is designed for charge / discharge more than the stocker, increasing the life of the battery.

You would definately want to run a 2 battery setup for any long rides from camp. Or get an alternator.

And yes, it is the 925.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by timd99 View Post
I ran 4 kragen HID lights and stock replacements HID out in dumont on the stocker alone, lights (but not the rhino) died in 30 minutes.

The oddesy I ran same setup, lasted for about 45. The oddesy is actually a little smaller than the stocker. But is a much better battery, my understanding is it is designed for charge / discharge more than the stocker, increasing the life of the battery.

You would definately want to run a 2 battery setup for any long rides from camp. Or get an alternator.

And yes, it is the 925.
WOW....... I am running 5 but no stock lights and i know i ran more than an hour at night.....Are you running anything else????

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:17 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hmmm I am running a 40" LED lightbar, stereo, factory HID replacements, and two HIDs on the front bumper all on the stock battery on my Teryx...am I going to need a tow? I have been told I will be fine??

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:19 PM
1/2 Throttle

I run a second optima battery with surepower 1314 sperator- works ok. I ran my 4 checkers a couple 2 or or three hours with a stereo and had no problems.

with the seperator it always charges your primary battery first so you have enough power ot start your rhino.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Founding Ninja

Led

trade them out for LED......less power.....we run replacement batteries from Interstate in the stock location....they are wheelchair bats. Run fine for what we do, big stereos and LED's.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
WOW....... I am running 5 but no stock lights and i know i ran more than an hour at night.....Are you running anything else????
Sorry, forgot the SSV stereo/ipod. But that was a pretty minimal drain. And a volt gauge. But it was the lights that sucked the juice pretty hard. I could run the stereo all night with no problems.

Most people do the 2nd battery for security, to have a full battery for ignition only. Do you have a voltmeter in the rhino? Mine has saved me a few times.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Wreckin' Shop

No...I dont have a voltmeter. I have my lights wire so I can only run 2 if need be. My sterio guy wants me to go with the second oddsey. I think I may do that......I want to hit one of these summer night rides with no problems.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 07:22 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
What are you guys doing as far as battery power??? I am running 5 HID's and nothing else. My local guy here tells me I need 2 Oddesy batteries???? That seems a little overkill to me. What do you guys run???? And what type of electrical extras ( Ie, sterio, lights, GPS) do you have???? And if I get the oddesy can anyone confirm that its the 925 that I need.

Thanks A bunch!!!!!!!!!
Jim, I run 4 hids a 300 watt amp/stereo full blast a lighted whip and a Lorance Gps all the time even when my Rhino is not running. All on one battery. I dont know this stuff but Mossloger took a good look and can probably explane it better. If you want call Mike at Prestige and tell him Rick/Hapa sent you. i know he will tell you whats up. I run all my stuff all day and night with no problems on one battery. And i like it loud and draining.
Prestige951-695-2561

Moss will tell you they rewinded my stator for better charging and seperated my switches with seperate fuses and shit. That is a technical as i get but it works all night long and the next day, Party tested! dont waste the money and weight on two battery's until you talk to some more peeps.

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
Jim, I run 4 hids a 300 watt amp/stereo full blast a lighted whip and a Lorance Gps all the time even when my Rhino is not running. All on one battery. I dont know this stuff but Mossloger took a good look and can probably explane it better. If you want call Mike at Prestige and tell him Rick/Hapa sent you. i know he will tell you whats up. I run all my stuff all day and night with no problems on one battery. And i like it loud and draining.
Prestige951-695-2561

Moss will tell you they rewinded my stator for better charging and seperated my switches with seperate fuses and shit. That is a technical as i get but it works all night long and the next day, Party tested! dont waste the money and weight on two battery's until you talk to some more peeps.
Moss - where you at? explain how Hapa is once again the pimp and is running all that shit off of a stocker? Inquiring minds what to know before we leave for our 4th trip!

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
Sponsored Links
Advertisement