SXS Mike Lasher Race BITD Vegas to Reno Runs DFR LED Light : see comments - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

SXS Mike Lasher Race BITD Vegas to Reno Runs DFR LED Light : see comments

Mike Lasher from Side X Side Magazine ran some of the DFR LED Light Bars in the BITD Vegas to Reno Race. This is what he had to say after the race. "We only had to use them for about a 45min on day two coming into the finish line. They were awesome! We ran the 40 on top and 20 on the bottom and never had light issues. I did some testing before we left and I could run the lights for 2 hours and 45 minutes on just the battery alone." Racing helps us progress at the rate that we do and I'm glad to hear such a good review from a very trusted name in the sport. If you have not seen these Light Bars check them out at Kawasaki Teryx Performance & Accessories Yamaha Rhino Accessories, Yamaha Rhino Performance, Arctic Cat Prowler, Polaris Ranger & RZR, Custom Yamaha Rhino @ DragonFireRacing.com and be sure to ask me for your forum discount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 06:32 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

I'm not dissin your lights or anything, but that guy never said a bad word about any of there sponsors. He wouldn't have very many paying advertisers if he did. I take anything sxs says with a grain of salt.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

I can see your point... although those comments were taken from a personal e-mail. Many sponsors get a lot of hype out of nowhere. I don't know if you have seen the review by KJSmith84 but he was not a fan of our company. He did an independent review and he loved them. He gets into a lot of detail in his post.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 09:46 AM
3/4 Throttle

Why don't you send me a set of those lights. I will try them out in the darkness of Saskatchewan, and give you my independent, no ties to anybody review. lol
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Why don't you send me a set of those lights. I will try them out in the darkness of Saskatchewan, and give you my independent, no ties to anybody review. lol
I would but I have already gave away about 2K in lights so mabey after baja Todd will let me....?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
I'm not dissin your lights or anything, but that guy never said a bad word about any of there sponsors. He wouldn't have very many paying advertisers if he did. I take anything sxs says with a grain of salt.
did you see the last issue? they were hyping up dunestars as the best improvement for the dunes. LMAO!!!

dont buy my video. it sucks anyway!!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONFIRERACING View Post
I can see your point... although those comments were taken from a personal e-mail. Many sponsors get a lot of hype out of nowhere. I don't know if you have seen the review by KJSmith84 but he was not a fan of our company. He did an independent review and he loved them. He gets into a lot of detail in his post.
That's a funny comparison. He got the light for free. I think what Mark was saying is, it's normal for someone to say good things about their sponsors equipment.

I'm sure if you give anyone that light they would have good things to say about. Vision X makes a good product. I saw the light myself and there is no question is was bright.

What I haven't seen is a lot of people posting on this site or any of the others about how great the DFR LED Bars are that paid for them.

The average retail customer likes to see that too.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 05:34 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewallen42 View Post
That's a funny comparison. He got the light for free. I think what Mark was saying is, it's normal for someone to say good things about their sponsors equipment.

I'm sure if you give anyone that light they would have good things to say about. Vision X makes a good product. I saw the light myself and there is no question is was bright.

What I haven't seen is a lot of people posting on this site or any of the others about how great the DFR LED Bars are that paid for them.

The average retail customer likes to see that too.
I haven't heard great things about anyone's led bars, hid's seem to be prefered,other than the power draw, there isn't any advantage with a led.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
I haven't heard great things about anyone's led bars, hid's seem to be prefered,other than the power draw, there isn't any advantage with a led.
Really? What are the complaints?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Pr3m1um M3mb3r

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan Dupre a Side X Side nobody ran some of the Checker 4in HIDS in a trip down the street. This is what he had to say after the race. "I only had to use them on the way down the street. They were awesome! I ran the 0 on top and 2 on the bottom and never had light issues. I did some testing before I left and I could run the lights for 4 hours and 30 minutes on just the battery alone." Driving down the street helps me progress at the rate that I do and I'm glad to hear such a good review from a very trusted name in the sport. If you have not seen these HIDS check them out at Checker Auto Parts

I'm stayin neutral here, but you DID report kyle's post to admins.
that might work at rf, but not here, not even if johnny asked me to remove
kyle's post would I do it.that is on principal alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement