06 660 Relay ticking, won't start... - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Exclamation 06 660 Relay ticking, won't start...

FML... So my 660 is pretty much completely built for GP racing and desert toy.... And have ever ever had a problem with it, always starts, always runs perfect... I have a Stock motor... electric fuel pump, 3 hid lights on roof light bar, hid stock headlight swap, black rhino cdi box... Everything always worked perfect

And then It began... Despite what all my sxs buddies told me about racing.. I still decided to start desert racing. I signed up for the 2011 BITD Blue Water Desert Challeneg.... I had to add: a fuel cell, 2 led amber dust lights, 1 led blue dust light, a Parker pumper, a hella dual race horn, IRC sat track and a few other odds and ends that have no relevance to its performance.

Made it to RM 12... From the start of the race the Motor and all electrical was cutting out every 10 seconds for a split second..I figured had to do with all the new electronics I had added to be race legal. My good angel told me to keep my foot in it, my bad angel said to pull out and radio pits... I ended up getting a flat and slightly overheating the car while trying to get to a safe spot to pull off. After examining the car, I noticed I broke a lower arm around the shock.

Got the chase truck and towed me back to our pit. DNF for the weekend. Brought the car home, took out the IRC, light bar, rear led dust lights, air pumper, and horns.

Now the car won't start... I checked the plug, no coolant in the head and I still have good spark. Checked the fuel pump, the motor is getting gas. Put stock cdi back in, nothing. Checked all fuses, fine, main fuse blue once durring staging, I replaced it, Still not blown. One of the white box relays is ticking every ten second with key in accessory position. The car tires to start but won't. It's not locked up.. I'm thinking it's elctrical... Not sure tho!!

Please help! Anyone in the OC area can come lend a hand, I will pay for your wisdom..

I already signed up and paid for the LEGP 2011 commIng up in 2 weekends... Please help me!

Machined Sheave
Dual Teflon Muzzys
3-8" Vision-X HID's
Vision-X HID Stock Headlight Replacements
PCI Race Radio Pro Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Founding Ninja

check for loose wire on top of starter (under Carb)
check loose motor ground Pass side front lower.

how did you wire in all the accessories? anything you interrupted from stock is a good place to start.

Is the batt at full charge??? you may need two batts for a race with all that stuff running, rhinos do not have much available charging power.

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
1/4 Throttle

I had to add a battery under the drivers seat just ran straight to main, I do ensure that the big battery is always fully charged when I go out. No problems since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement