Rotax... to go to be true? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Engine Swap Discussions Yamaha Rhino engine swap discussions.
Rotax swap, R1 swap, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Rotax... to go to be true?

Okay guys... is this chica playing with my emotions or what??? Next step is for Ebay to contact me... so we will see!

Here is the emails between me and the seller... supposedly... Start from the bottom up.

Dear Karl,

I have forwarded your contact details to eBay so they should contact you soon. They will tell you everything you will like to know about the whole deal. Please follow their instructions and the quad is yours. Again, all the shipping taxes and fees are covered by me. All you will have to pay for is the price for the quad and nothing more.

Thank you for your time,
Melinda

--- On Tue, 9/30/08, Cabrera Karl M <xxx@srpnet.com> wrote:
Subject: RE: Outlander for sale
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 4:47 PM
Hey Melinda… here is my name and address

Karl M. Cabrera
xxxx N. xxxth Dr.
Glendale, AZ 85307

Also, because of the many scams on Craigslist, I just need assurance that this is a legit deal and would like to talk with you personally. Please call me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.. 623-570-xxxx

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:15 AM
To: Cabrera Karl M

Hi,

The shipping is free. I need your full name and shipping address for I can start the deal at eBay. After that they will send you the invoice.

Thank you,
Melinda

--- On Tue, 9/30/08, Cabrera Karl M <xxx@srpnet.com> wrote:
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 1:14 PM
Thanks for the reply Melinda. I would like to purchase this ATV from you, but I have a few questions and would like to speak with you personally. I would like to get you a down payment to secure me purchasing it. Can you please send me a phone number that I can contact you with. Thanks again, Karl. Mine is 623-570-xxxx if you would like to call me anytime.

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 3:57 PM
To: Cabrera Karl M
Subject: Re: Outlander for sale

Hello,

My quad is in perfect condition. The amount you will have to pay in order to own this quad is $2,600.
The quad is located at shipping center from Austin/TX. Its sealed and ready to be shipped. Since it is at eBay I have to make the transaction through them. They will handle the transaction for me.

Shipping to your location will be made through eBay shipping company and will be take 3 days. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you will receive the quad. ONLY AFTER you will receive and test for 10 days the quad, eBay will release the money to me. This way we are both protected.
You will also receive all the documentation required for registration. I will send you all the papers and documents.

I don't have the quad listed on eBay. I only have the quad at eBay shipping company.

Here you have all details about my quad:
Make: Bombardier
Model: Outlander 800
Type: Utility
Year: 2006
Mileage: 97
Engine Size (cc): 800 cc
Transmission Type: Automatic
Drive Train: 4-Wheel Drive
Color: Red

I just finished the divorce process with my husband and as a single woman I don't need this quad. I am living now at my parents. Right now I am in Austin/TX.
I am in a wheel-chair. It was an accident two years ago. In fact this is the divorce reason. My husband told me that he want a young and healthy woman because I am 35 old years and he don't need me anymore. I know that the price is soo cheap but I need money asap for an operation in China because I have a chance to walk again and I don't want to lose it.

For I can start the deal at eBay I only need your full name and shipping address and after that eBay will send you the invoice.

I'll wait your decision regarding my quad as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hear from you,
Melinda Koenig
xxxxxx S. Hwy xxx, Austin, TX, 78747, United States

NIIICE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Holy crap... I was just sent an invoice from ebay for the purchase. Man I'm getting all sexcited!!! Come guys let me know what you think!!! Has anyone every recieved a bogus invoice from eBay.... just got another email from ebay!

I've got a transation number, so I'm going to call ebay customer service to verify. Best thing I can do at this point I think.

NIIICE!
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Wide F'n Open

I don't know it seems fishy to me....I wouldn't give any money unless you talk to her by phone ( if it is a she) keeps ignoring to want to talk to you then somethings up ( he she) may not want you to hear there nigerian accent. I don't buy into this Ebay shipper either.

'08 Rhino 700

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Wide F'n Open

Fish, with a large side of scam.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM
1/2 Throttle

seems fishy to me. I would contact ebay

Cant we all get along? lol
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Well like I said... I was sent a transation ID from ebay... so I'm going to contact thier custermer service to see if it's legit.

The second email I got was about her as a seller on ebay... ratings and stuff... we'll see.

Let you guys know...

NIIICE!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Wide F'n Open

"For I can start the deal at eBay" "My husband told me that he want a young and healthy woman because I am 35 old years and he don't need me anymore. I know that the price is soo cheap but I need money asap for an operation in China because I have a chance to walk again and I don't want to lose it."

"and who ships for free on something this heavy?"

way to much info for selling a bike trying to get you caught up in feeling bad for her and take your mind off if it's a scam. My gut instinct. Its a 20 something year old guy from an internet cafe in Nigeria or Malaysia waiting for your cash.....

'08 Rhino 700
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Wide F'n Open

Read this sound familiar?

eBay Answer Center: Sounds like a scam? Here's the email I ...

'08 Rhino 700
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Wreckin' Shop

If it smells like tuna......its nasty ass tuna...run my ninja....I know you not that gullable

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:49 AM
1/2 Throttle

here is one that I fount on RF. same type of a deal.

here is the e he sent me back...what a joke:............................................. .................................................. Hi again,
The car is already at the shipping company in Bedford, MA sealed and ready for the shipping.I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet
Here's how our deal works :
In order to complete this deal the payment must be sent to ebay . As soon as they receive the payment will notify me to start the delivery.After that you will receive all information about delivery so you can be able to track your shipment online.ebay will hold your payment until you receive and inspect the car (you have 5 days for inspection) If you will find the smallest problem with the car you will ship it back on my expense and ebay will send you your full amount back.Shipping to your location is included in the price.
Basically ebay holds your money safe until you confirm that the car is what you have expected and you want to buy it. It is not a sight unseen deal. We are both covered.
Sorry for the long emails I have tried to touch all bases.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onbz
Im sure its one of the boys rigs.PICS ATTACHED

first e mail...................Hi, Thanks for taking a part of your time and visiting my ad 1 2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 .I sell it at this price ($4,500) due to a change in circumstances of health I have had sciatica for 6 months and it impossible for me to drive it.I am also financially strapped due to medical bills, and in rapid need of this sale.This quad is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.The quad has 1250 miles.This quad may be purchased with money back guarantee.In summary you are permitted to buy and drive this quad for 5 days or 100 miles. If you donít want the quad, you can return it to me for a full money refund!From the begining you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer through ebay.It is simple and is great for both parties so that any lack of trust is eliminated.I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon. Thanks, Jason Woodcock ........

Cant we all get along? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement