Rotax Daddillac Rebuild - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Engine Swap Discussions Yamaha Rhino engine swap discussions.
Rotax swap, R1 swap, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Rotax Daddillac Rebuild

though i'd tell my RT ninjas bout my re-build figure i would post over here at my home before going elsewhere.
After the front flip before New Years weekend, slighlty tweaked the cage on the driver side pillar right at the lightbar mount, since my son is in this alot, i got a fat hook-up on a cage thru H-Town Perfomance, Dale is building a sick mild radius 3 seat bed delete cage, with full aluminum roof, and front bumper for the rotax. We swapped out the bench seat and i made a deal with Joey D @ the underground and scored one of his premie seats outta the fatrod. For lighting i gave Tay over at rigid a call, and could not resist trying out his LED lightbar for the roof, and a 10" amber on the bumper to light the way.
After the front flip I, started getting a ticking noise what i thought was in the valves, but ended up being my timing chains, just like a few others that run the 06 rotax, this was the 1st year of the motor, and had a weak set of chains in them, so we are ripping apart the motor, and putting all new chains, guides, adjusters, and gaskets in there and i figured while i had it torn down, we mine as well bump this motor a little, so I opted for the MR. RPM 840 kit at 12.5 :1 compression, Gen 1 cams, 09 intake. For the exhaust, i like my rides quite as possible so i am going to try a HMF quiet series slip on with my modified headers to see how that works. For the fueling, i am thinking bout going with a Power commander PC-V with the full auto tune module, to eliminate any need for tripping this thing to a dyno everytime i tweak it, i'll be able to have almost full control of all vitals at the touch of button on my laptop. For cooling got a nice deal with Brian B for a sweet PWR rad, and a MR. RPM oil cooler adapter. Gonna get rid of the transfer tank under the driver seat as well, move all my electronics under the seat, and using a Rotax your Rhino aluminum fuel cell in the stock location.

Its coming out great, I'll post up some pics later when i can get some on my good camera.

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper

Last edited by Mush; 01-27-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 03:58 PM

Chris, it'll be better than it ever was...just wish you were making prez day with it...

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 PM

nice, posts some pics up ninja

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan M View Post
Chris, it'll be better than it ever was...just wish you were making prez day with it...
sorry bro if i can i will be there,

Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:40 PM
LBR
Administrator

Good to hear Mush - usually after an accident/engine problems these rides come back bigger, badder and sicker than before....did 07 have the 06 chains or the better ones? What were the 3 letters on the 06 links to look for? I had a case of CRS.

I've got a little noise from my rear cylinder when cold, then pretty much goes away after up to operating temp....re-racked valves and helped a bit, but still has some ticking noise when cold - is this how yours started to catch your ear?

Am thinking of the 912 & Gen 2s for mine during install of new cam chains instead of a turbo on the 800 - Greg and John have some VERY impressive dyno #s with their complete package to date - ran a bit better that the 1004 - then again could do a 912 or 1004 with a turbo like CF...oh ya, that was too slow for Ben, he's onto sicker chiz!......LBR
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBR View Post
Good to hear Mush - usually after an accident/engine problems these rides come back bigger, badder and sicker than before....did 07 have the 06 chains or the better ones? What were the 3 letters on the 06 links to look for? I had a case of CRS.

I've got a little noise from my rear cylinder when cold, then pretty much goes away after up to operating temp....re-racked valves and helped a bit, but still has some ticking noise when cold - is this how yours started to catch your ear?

Am thinking of the 912 & Gen 2s for mine during install of new cam chains instead of a turbo on the 800 - Greg and John have some VERY impressive dyno #s with their complete package to date - ran a bit better that the 1004 - then again could do a 912 or 1004 with a turbo like CF...oh ya, that was too slow for Ben, he's onto sicker chiz!......LBR
not sure of which chain it is, i have been told only the 06 do it, but pull your valve covers and look at the plastic guides, if it is starting to chew the guide, then watch those chains.. ya i like the 912 myself but this is a family ride, wanted to keep it to a min.. and reliable, not sayin the 912 arent but i just felt more comfy with the 840. i dont like the way the sleeves float in the jugs, looks like they took away quite of material to get those new sleeves to fit.
when mine started ticking it was very noticable like WTF is that it was loud i thought i bent a valve or somethin. lol i played with the adjusters and got it to go away, saw my chain guides were giving up the ghost so decded to rebuild now before a chain let loose in the motor running. and i ran a sub par filter and sanded my rings over the last 2 seasons started eating oil as well.

Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Wide F'n Open

The chain will break a link in the middle then chew up the delron sliders. not all break but its possible.

2nd place is the first loser!!

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:28 PM

great thread Mush! cant wait to follow along

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock View Post
The chain will break a link in the middle then chew up the delron sliders. not all break but its possible.
That's what mine did was break in the middle. The bad chain in the 06's are stamped DID. Great thread Much good luck on the build.

67.8 RWHP840 Rotax Powered Rhino I get my parts at BYC Motorsports 714 553-5248
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM
LBR
Administrator

Mines an 06, so will keep track of those guides......that also is my one and only qualm of the 912 is the support to wall is gone and that the sleeve floats....they had "quite" a discussion about that in the 840-912-1004 thread...their walking on that 912 pretty hard and I trust Greg and John will fess-up if it blows....hope I can get by duneing with my measly 'ole 800 until I decide 912 or not........LBR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement