So.... we've (me and my pops) have been doing some work to get this beast in. Not real technical, but you always find yourself stopping to say "what are we affecting if we do this?" Anyways here are a few pics of what we have so far. Sorry for the phone pics... wish they were bigger!
Here she is when I finally got her home after New Years...
Took the old through shaft out... this is what happens when you don't upgrade from stock.
I knew I was getting the motor like this. Not a big deal cause you have to replace it anyways. Thanks for the new shaft Brian!
After stripping the Rhino down we sat the motor in on blocks to setup location of the motor.
With the stock rear drive shaft in and no through shaft installed, it allowed for us to get an idea of where the motor should be. The rear shaft is most important cause there is no u-joint on the diff end, so you need to make sure it is located square to the diff, or binding will occur.
Had a friend machine up some bushings that will allow us to splice the quad shafts to the Rhino shafts. They were made with a slip fit to ensure true shafts... to a point.
With the new through shaft installed and the driveshafts with bushings (not welded together yet), we were able to get better locations of the motor mounts.
More engine location... clamped some scrap pieces to keep the location as things were moved around.
We used a 1"X2" square tube for the lower cross member for the lower mount.