Alba experience - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Alba experience

To start off. I have been in field service for 18 years. After that amount of time I am probably a bit sinical when it comes to service when I am the customer as there is the way I would like it done and the way most ppl provide it.

I just picked up my Rhino from Alba yesterday and have to say that I have never been so impressed with a companys service and knowledge. Alba was doing a motor build for my race Rhino. I had called several times in the last couple weeks checking on the status of the build. I was expecting the usuall everything is fine no problem lip service. I didn't get that at all. Everytime I called, the status was explained to me in detail where they were at and they were on schedule for my day of pickup. Even when I didn't get the person I normally talk to, I still got the information without any hestitation or I have to go check. Everyone was on the same page and could tell you when it had to be done without checking with 3 ppl first. Along the way they ran into several problems. One of the problems was that my motor mount was ripped out of the floor pan. They could have slapped some crappy slop welded piece in there, but didn't. They took the time to do it right. They added a new piece and TIG welded it in place and realigned the motor with the diff properly. When I arrived to pick the Rhino up at the end of the day they were still working on it because of the unforseen issues. The first thing they said was sorry we didn't have time to wash it yet. They told me it would be ready for the Dyno in a half hour and to go get some dinner. In this build they also built me a custom stainless dual exhaust in house. That alone is very impressive. They have a full machine shop, dyno etc in house. They don't send this stuff out. Because of the new motor alignment after the repair the exhaust not fit quite right. I watched them spend extra time making new shims for the exhaust so it bolted up perfectly. They could have just bolted it on like anyone else would have and it would have probably been perfectly fine. When I came back from dinner they had even washed it and sprayed WD-40 on my race cage for rust. Even though it was two hours after close they took the time to hook the computer up and give me a run down on how to change my timing, asjust my rev limiter and answer the 100 question I asked and never even gave a hint that they wanted to go home. I felt bad and they said they do this almost every night during the busy season.

Now I know some of you are saying that I am sponsored by Alba and I got special treatment. If that was the case I would not be taking the time to write this. I honestly feel that Joe customer is going to recieve the same service that I did. It is always easy to write about the bad service you had. Most will not take the time to write about the great service even when their intentions are good.

I just want to thank the Alba team for such a great experience.

Dustin
Whiplash Racing
Pro Mod UTV #70
2008 Pro Mod and Overall UTV Champion
Snowflake 2007 & 2008 Overall Champion
Alba Racing 686, PDM clutch, LSR XTR[/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Wide F'n Open

Glad to hear about the great experience!

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
Machined sheavelDynateck ECUlXMF +6l2-4" 3-7" HID's
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

great to hear Dustin!!! It is always good to hear the positive info on companies to. Sounds like Alba Rocks!!!!!

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Wide F'n Open

No Rick...

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Founding Ninja

Good to hear !
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Wreckin' Shop

That is good to hear. I have their radaitor..... but I havent never seen anything they did that impressed me. So its good to hear they are doing a great job for you!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 05:51 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

not trying to be a dick, but aren't you sponsored by alba?
aren't they paying you to talk good about them?
I don't have anything against them,but to me it's the same as mr.offroad saying fst is the best, he's sponsored by them, of coarse he's going to say that.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBdBy View Post
......... The first thing they said was sorry we didn't have time to wash it yet. ............When I came back from dinner they had even washed it and sprayed WD-40 on my race cage for rust.
Dustin this is not an attack on you so please don't take it that way. I want to make a point to every one. If you want nice work done on your stuff, before you take your car, boat, motorcycle or what ever, CLEAN IT! My point is nobody likes working on dirty shit. It places a mind set that you don't care so why should they. Nothing pisses me off more than having to wash/clean somebody elses stuff of to be able to work on it. So clean/detail your stuff before taking it in, it will show the way you like things and that you require excellence.

Sorry for the hijack.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin' Trax View Post
Dustin this is not an attack on you so please don't take it that way. I want to make a point to every one. If you want nice work done on your stuff, before you take your car, boat, motorcycle or what ever, CLEAN IT! My point is nobody likes working on dirty shit. It places a mind set that you don't care so why should they. Nothing pisses me off more than having to wash/clean somebody elses stuff of to be able to work on it. So clean/detail your stuff before taking it in, it will show the way you like things and that you require excellence.

Sorry for the hijack.
No offense. They knew I was bringing it straight from a race.

Mark, I stated in my original post that I was sponsored by them as I do not try to mislead anyone. I was just trying to illustrate their capabilities and workmanship. I also stated that I felt any joe customer would get the same oustanding service

Dustin
Whiplash Racing
Pro Mod UTV #70
2008 Pro Mod and Overall UTV Champion
Snowflake 2007 & 2008 Overall Champion
Alba Racing 686, PDM clutch, LSR XTR[/COLOR]
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
not trying to be a dick, but aren't you sponsored by alba?
aren't they paying you to talk good about them?
I don't have anything against them,but to me it's the same as mr.offroad saying fst is the best, he's sponsored by them, of coarse he's going to say that.
I havent dealt with alba so i dont know... but has anyone else? Maybe they can chime in....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement