Makin Trax - Great Customer Service - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Makin Trax - Great Customer Service

I wanted to let everyone know about my great experience with Steve from Makin Tax...

Some of you that ride with me know that I bought my brother a Rhino about a year ago.... He really liked mine but he couldnt afford to buy one. Plus it gave me someone to ride with.

I have tried to look for good deals on upgrades for him and I have given him a few handme downs from my Rhino. Although my cage would not fit his Rhino. Mine is an 06 and his is an 07. So he bought a 4 seater cage for it and a rear seat. Just a cheap add on cage that is pretty heavy. I bought him some wheel spacers and a few other upgrades.

I really wanted to get his ride better for him and the kids in the back. I didnt want to spend too much money. After following behind Code at Soboba for the enire 1 hour race Race (yes the 14 year old kid beat me) and seeing how well his Afcos Performed I decided to give them a try. I contacted Steve at Makin Trax and told him that I needed a set of shocks for a 4 seater. Steve was great on the phone and answered all of my questions. Steve told me he was doing work near my house and he would deliver the shocks to save me some money on shipping. I was very impressed..... He was a great guy and went out of his way to help me.

But it gets better.....

Me and my brother installed the shocks and took the Rhino to Pismo. I thought they performed really good (once I am done testing I will provide a full report). However my brother felt like they needed to be a little tighter when his kids where in the back. I contacted Steve and asked him if I could buy a spanner wrench from him so I didnt tear up the shocks when I cranked up the preload. He told me that he would come by my house to take a look at the shocks and if necessary adjust them for me. WOW.... I couldnt beleive that. What a guy. That was far beyond the call of duty IMO.

He came by my house yesterday and as soon as he took a look at my brothers Heavy Ass Cage (and my brothers Heavy Ass) he said we will need to go with a heavier spring. He didnt think we could crank up the preload enough. I agreed. After laying in the dirt and playing with the shocks he confirmed that we needed heavier springs. He told me he would get the heavier springs and bring them by my house and change them out...... WOW. I just could not believe this. We sat around and talked for close to an hour (Sorry Steve I forgot to offer you a cold drink .... I have no manners sometimes)...... While talking to him I realized that he really knows his shit when it comes to shocks and suspension. He was honest with me and was a big help.

Steve is a great guy and he really enjoys what he does. It is great to have someone in the Rhino industry like him. He has earned my business for life and made a friend out of me. I would highly recomend Makin Trax and the Afco Shocks to anyone that is looking for aftermarket Shocks. It would be great if Steve carried more Rhino Products..... I know where I would go.

Thanks for everything Steve....

2006 Rhino 660
BRP Stage 2 CDI
UTVCrap Sheave
4 Seat Cage w/42" Rear PRP Seat
ITP T-7C Wheels (5+2 front offset & 2+5 Rear)
Big Horn Tires (25x8x12 & 25x10x12)
LSR MTS +3 Mid Travel Kit
Bilstein Shocks w/ Eibach Springs 250lb front & 400lb rear
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...BRP_Avatar.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...avatar/byc.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/uutv1211.jpg

Last edited by mikef; 09-05-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Founding Ninja

great too hear.....

JUST SAY NO TO C**K SNAPPING

IM RICK JAMES BIOTCH!!!!!

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/imag...ers/468x60.jpg
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Wide F'n Open

way to go steve, thats cool!!! thanks mike..

dont buy my video. it sucks anyway!!!!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Wide F'n Open

Only took ya 7 months to figure that out?!

Just kidding Mike, Steve is awsome and take personal interest in ever set of shocks he sells. I know.

If you make it to M4SX Saturday swing by and say hi, Uncle Steve will be there making sure Code, James, & Johnny all play nice in the sand box.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Red Cup Ninja

good job steve!!!

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Founding Ninja

Mike - Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I consider you one of the most respected people on these forums. Kind of like E.F. Hutton. When you speak people listen. Don't worry about the drink, hell I should have washed your Rhino! LOL. I'll see you next week.

Doug - See you in the morning for a little test session. James and Johnny are going to come too. Jame was giving me the stink-eye when I told you were coming over for a revalve. Ha Ha. All fun, thanks for the nice words and see you in the a.m.

Steve
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

I read this on GD.com also MIke. Great to hear we have thses kind of ppl on our Fourm! Well done Steve major props!!!

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 01:10 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Really...I never thought Steve was all that nice...

Kidding of course, Steve is a great guy and while I have not really delt with him personally, his reputation preceeds him (is that that correct term?)

Nonetheless, we are fortunate to have him with us!

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Wide F'n Open

some how I need to get him my rhino so he cane fix mine..I'v talked to hime and yes he dose know suspensions and how they need to work.I just got back from a week of riding in the hills of paso. and had to take 3 in. of pre load out to make it so my teeth would not fall out and now if I go to the beach I'll have to put it back that is not right

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement