Nd Ur Opinion ! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Nd Ur Opinion !

Ok here goes, I know this has been asked before also. The rhino I own know is a parntership. However i want to do lots to it and parnter has less dough and he wants 4 seat. I want two seat with mods. So Myself and girlfiend (lovely I may say, incase she reads) are going to buy another side by side in the next week and I will put my dough into that one. Here goes the question we really like the new red armour edition, I know some stuff will get ripped off etc.. But should I really look at the teryx which is a little uglier, Gayzor hell NO, Honda not first year NO.

Please give me your opinions and please no tity pictures I cant concentrate with those mixed in the thread(not that i look at them honey).

I need your reports in single spacing by 5:00 PM please or you will have deductions on your score. The person with best essay will get free dinner at outback steakhouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Founding Ninja

Teryx ,and with a nice two seat cage and seats, It looks rather nice. The stock for stock suspension is better than the rhino also.

Rhino red sport looks great, but can you justify the extra money for it and the goodies also?

Rog

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #3 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

depends on your driving style, where do you ride? the rhino is great, but you'll need to sink alot of money into the motor if the power does not satisfy your needs. Teryex on the other hand will have a lot more motor stock, and will still have the same expenses i.e. long travel, cage seats, doors, ect, but will have a stronger stock motor, if your mainly haulin in a toy hauler make sure both rides will fit, even with whatever expected suspension that you are going to use. If I were buying right now i would be looking pretty close at that teryex, i just don't like the dual carb idea myself, thats one of the main reasons i went rotax in my rhino, and other obvious reasons.
or do like hapa and throw down on th eartic cat to be released?
For the money maybe get to talkin with dragon fire on that monster they posted yesterday for 20g, and that is pretty reasonable seeing you will be there with rhino or teryex in less than a year $$$$, and still will be ahead of the game in the dragon fire rig.

alright send me my steak damit i am hungry from all this typing

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
post #4 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Wide F'n Open

If you are going for performance and speed in a 2seater-Teryx.I have seen some pretty kick ass Teryx' out there, they are definetly worth a hard look. Yamaha really needs to step it up in the power department to remain competitive in the sport side of the utv market. With some paint,cage and wheels you are off to a great start in the Kawi. Whereas you have to tear into the Rhino to make it run right before you get started. That and the '08 models are obviously hard to get the power out of since most claim victory at 57mph! Sorry, I love my 660 but if i would have waited there would be a Kawi in the garage.

ps I dont know if there's an Outback by my house but there is a Lonestar! Never mind, It turns out there is one right by the house!
post #5 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:36 PM

You didn't mention the Razor. If you want only 2 seats, and are looking for speed, then the Razor is the way to go.
The Rhino is a proven beast, and there are a lot of them out there, as well as a ton of mods available. If you have the cash on hand, then your best bang for the buck would be a used Rhino will all the crap you want on it already done.
The T-rex is one of the new kids on the block, so there aren't as many mods available, but that is a big YET, as we all know they will be coming as the consumer base grows. If you are going new, pound for pound I think the T-Rex is a better deal.
post #6 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Wide F'n Open

He ixnayed the Gayzor himself!
post #7 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjammer0 View Post
You didn't mention the Razor. If you want only 2 seats, and are looking for speed, then the Razor is the way to go.
The Rhino is a proven beast, and there are a lot of them out there, as well as a ton of mods available. If you have the cash on hand, then your best bang for the buck would be a used Rhino will all the crap you want on it already done.
The T-rex is one of the new kids on the block, so there aren't as many mods available, but that is a big YET, as we all know they will be coming as the consumer base grows. If you are going new, pound for pound I think the T-Rex is a better deal.
Actually I mispronounced it I said GAYZOR my fault!! Thank you for input.

So Far:

T-rex- 4
Rhino-??

Oh I forgot to really specify the outback meal. It consist of a 7" filet ouback come get it when your ready. LOL

Actually I am down for payin for 1 persons input, all the info is invaluable. Dinner for two of course. Although Turbo you get mcdonalds Cuz you would probably just breaks outbacks forks, we all know how hard on things you are!!
post #8 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysidedown View Post
He ixnayed the Gayzor himself!
Ya I would have yo wear a dress everytime I drove it and I hate shaving my legs!!

No disrespect to people who own them just my opinion.
post #9 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:48 PM

When do I get my dinner?
post #10 of 201 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjammer0 View Post
When do I get my dinner?
Ok little Jimmy gotta wait for the whole class to turn their papers in OK. Just hold your horses, we will judge right after recess OK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement