Does anyone know.... - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know....

There was a guy who led most of the runs at Glamis during the BRP Member's ride weekend last season. The guy was an absolute genius at finding the perfect line, the best I've ever followed. Anybody remember who he was? I never got his name. (my bad) I know the Booya Crew was there the same weekend, but I don't know if he was with them or not. Anyway, wouldn't mind following that dude again, 40 or 50 times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

I know the night ride was led by Brian (Bordhead).... he can really lead a ride.

2006 Rhino 660
BRP Stage 2 CDI
UTVCrap Sheave
4 Seat Cage w/42" Rear PRP Seat
ITP T-7C Wheels (5+2 front offset & 2+5 Rear)
Big Horn Tires (25x8x12 & 25x10x12)
LSR MTS +3 Mid Travel Kit
Bilstein Shocks w/ Eibach Springs 250lb front & 400lb rear
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...BRP_Avatar.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...avatar/byc.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/uutv1211.jpg
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Wide F'n Open

Roger B or sandsurfer? We road alot out there and them dudes are fast and smooth....

SDR Rocks
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Foot View Post
There was a guy who led most of the runs at Glamis during the BRP Member's ride weekend last season. The guy was an absolute genius at finding the perfect line, the best I've ever followed. Anybody remember who he was? I never got his name. (my bad) I know the Booya Crew was there the same weekend, but I don't know if he was with them or not. Anyway, wouldn't mind following that dude again, 40 or 50 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
I know the night ride was led by Brian (Bordhead).... he can really lead a ride.
It was Brian Bordhead last year I was on those rides!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Nope, I know those guys pretty well, this was somebody I had never ridden with before. He was leading the run that had RhinoMaster got stuck, (I pulled him out) and PapaV blew the head gasket and had to limp back to camp. I think PapaV & Sandsurfer went back to camp & the rest of us continued on to most of the big hills. Sorry, I can't remember if you (HighDesertRhino) turned back with them or went on with us. I know
triple1050rhino & his pop went on to the hills with us....

It wasn't Bordhead I'm thinking of either, as I've met him several times, and know his Rhino...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have heard that from several people, but didn't have the balls, lights, or suspension to find out in the past.... maybe this year!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
he can lead the slow no paddle ride now. LOL aka vagina-hwy

dont buy my video. it sucks anyway!!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

was it peter( maxxrhino)???
he was there

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Foot View Post
Nope, I know those guys pretty well, this was somebody I had never ridden with before. He was leading the run that had RhinoMaster got stuck, (I pulled him out) and PapaV blew the head gasket and had to limp back to camp. I think PapaV & Sandsurfer went back to camp & the rest of us continued on to most of the big hills. Sorry, I can't remember if you (HighDesertRhino) turned back with them or went on with us. I know
triple1050rhino & his pop went on to the hills with us....

It wasn't Bordhead I'm thinking of either, as I've met him several times, and know his Rhino...
Yeah I was on that ride.... I remember Brian getting stuck right after we left Oldsmobile hill. I have a bad memory. Peter (maxrhino) was on the ride too but he wasnt leading.... Roger had overheated and had to go back...... He was having trouble with his 686 kit.

I can picture the guys that lead the ride but I cant remember them. I think one of them had a red Rhino and they were with some guys in a Rzr..... Maybe it will hit me later......

I think they were with the Booyaa Crew but I cant be certain.... That was a fun ride. Probably the funnest ride that I have been on in the dunes.

Althought that night ride that Brian took us on was pretty wild. I never thought I needed HID Lights until that night. I sure was glad that I installed them before the ride. That was my first night ride at Glamis. That is the ride when Bruce broke his steering rack, me and Mark went back for him and then Roger towed him back with his FJ1 and trailer..... That was also my first time at the flag pole believe it or not..... That was an awesome site watching all of those lights wind thru the dunes at night. I was near the end of the group and it was cool to sit on the top of a dune and watch them wind down into the dunes.

2006 Rhino 660
BRP Stage 2 CDI
UTVCrap Sheave
4 Seat Cage w/42" Rear PRP Seat
ITP T-7C Wheels (5+2 front offset & 2+5 Rear)
Big Horn Tires (25x8x12 & 25x10x12)
LSR MTS +3 Mid Travel Kit
Bilstein Shocks w/ Eibach Springs 250lb front & 400lb rear
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...BRP_Avatar.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...avatar/byc.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/uutv1211.jpg
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Enjoying my Rhino

He was part of the "Beer Busting crew" Last name: Coholic, First Name: Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement