07 660 rhino clutch upgrade question - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

07 660 rhino clutch upgrade question

Hey Folks
I need some good input.I just installed a mud clutch kit supposedly for more low end, after a test drive I seem to have lost bottom end. I pulled clutch cover off and it seems secondary clutch has belt sandwiched to where it does not change position on the pulley when you are accelerating. I am wandering if heavier spring for secondary clutch which I installed is the culprit. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems after install , any input would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Wreckin' Shop

I'm not quite sure I understand you.....Where is the belt. It should be at the top of the secondary when stoped. What you can do....Is fire it up with the cover of....and rev it in neutral...You should see the belt transition up and down both primary and secondarys. That will tell you if the belt is movin correctly

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

jim
The position of the belt on the secondary remains in the center of the pulley , almost like the new spring installed on the secondary clutch is too great of spring tension not allowing belt to transition up and down on pulley;I can rev it up in neutral or in gear and watch belt transition up and down on primary but never moves on secondary
Thanks
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Wide F'n Open

Take your sheave apart and make sure one or more of your rollers havn't came out of their channels, blocking the sheave from opening completely.
I replaced a buddy's belt out in the desert and didn't hold the sheave closed during the process, and when we put it back together, a roller came out of it's track and got lodged, preventing the sheave from opening all of the way, which made the belt ride in the middle of the secondary pulley.

One hour from Glamis!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg View Post
jim
The position of the belt on the secondary remains in the center of the pulley , almost like the new spring installed on the secondary clutch is too great of spring tension not allowing belt to transition up and down on pulley;I can rev it up in neutral or in gear and watch belt transition up and down on primary but never moves on secondary
Thanks
Your belt should be pushed all the way out ( top of pully) on your secondary whan at an Idol. What spring did you put on it? If the belt is anywhere other than the top of the secondary you have a problem.....something is wrong with the pully

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your input
I took everything back apart this morning and found when I originally installed the primary clutch I did not hold the inner spacer firmly against the clutch while installing it on the shaft causing two of the rollers to fall towards the center of the clutch not allowing it to work properly.I just wanted to e-mail a post back ,however I see someone else had already experienced the same problem.This is great to network to find out other peoples experiences, right on the money Rob
Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement