Man, I am tired. Saturday I brought the trailer home with the intentions of working on the Rhino.
Day 1: In order to do any work on the Rhino, I have to remove the cage. This consists of removing 4 bolts in front, and removing the back seat, 5 bolts. One problem though. There are wires running from the light bar through the cage. I looked for ways to disconnect the wires, but there wasn't an easy way to do so. So I cut the zip-ties that hold the wires to the frame, leaving me enough slack in order to tip the cage forward, allowing room to work under the bed. Problem is, we can't get the cage off of the middle supports. I ended up putting a bottle jack in the bed, and wedging it under the cross bar, thereby lifting the cage. We tip it forward, and I commence to repair my exhaust. I had to replace the gasket where the two pipes connect together. I get this done, and decide to put the cage back on. We finally get it into place, and I bolt it back down, and replace all the zip-ties. It was then that I realized that I forgot to put the plate that goes over the exhaust back on. We have new front seats, so I took off the old ones and put the mounts on the new ones. Problem is, the driver seat is hitting the cross bar of the cage and won't go back far enough to latch. Well, it is starting to get late, so I just pull it into the back yard to finish on Sunday.
Sunday: I have decided to cut the wires to the light bar so that I can remove the cage completely. I do this, and we get the cage completely off this time. Well, since it is off again, I decided to tackle the valves, which I have never done. The intake was fine, but the exhaust valves needed a little adjustment. Done. I also replaced the spark plug, which was pretty black. I also replaced the fuel filter. Dang thing looked the color of dirt, as well as having some sort of white stringy things floating in there. I changed the oil & filter, the differential fluid and cleaned the air filter. All done, now it's time to put it back together. Cage goes on, a little difficult, but done. I re-wire the lights and now I have to switch the seats, hoping that maybe that was the problem with the drivers seat. I take the mounts off, and switch the seats. I also put on the factory "oh crap" grab handle on the passenger seat. Now the seats work, at little tight, but they work. I now have to replace the back seat. What a bear that was! Could get the dang holes to line up. Finally the neighbor comes over, and we mange to finish that task. In the mean time, the Rhino, as well as the bikes, get a thorough washing, and we go over the rhino with armor all and tire treatment. She sure looks perty now! Of course it is now too late to get the hauler loaded and back to storage, so it sits out front of my house for another night.
Dang, I'm tired!
Removing the cage:
Working on the exhaust:
New gasket & what was left of the old one:
Cage & hood totally removed:
Starting to put her back together:
All pertied up:
Clean motorcycles too:
Our new seats:
Redneck Rhino all loaded up: