Winchester Bay Oregon - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Talking Winchester Bay Oregon

Spent Wednesday through Saturday riding out there and basically 10.5 hrs of driving Tuesday and today (sunday). The weather was awesome, the place I stayed at was top notch (discovery point resort) since they had full hook ups and also separate bathrooms and showers for no extra cost.

Anyways to the rhino part, had a small hiccup in the first hour of riding, the fuel filter was plugged up pretty bad from what looked like plastic from the tank. Went into town got a new filter and problem went away. Only thing I couldn't figure out is a small backfire when I turn it off sometimes. I also rented some paddles from Paul at Harts Rhino Motorsports. They were mudsharks in the rear, and dunestarts in the front with ITP Beadlocks. Aired the rears to 5psi and the fronts to 3psi and pointed and went. There were a few hills that I couldn't get up such as Banshee hill since the sand was extremely loose. But I wanted to see if paddles are all the hype and yes they were. My first run after I got the fuel filter fixed I aired the stockers down and gave it a go, then tryed the paddles and night and day. All day I had a huge grin on my face and so did my wife. There was a guy out there in a teryx that had paddles in the rear and CDI and exhaust tip and kept up with him everywhere he went. Good Times, I think the wife is going to let me get mid travel now.

Tryed to go to coos bay down the way but was too lazy to pack up and go for the day, but the wife says we will be going next year.

2006 Turbo Rhintax. Magnum offroad longtravel kit, Prp seats, full homemade cage with 4 7" Kragen HID's on the lightbar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Enjoying my Rhino

Glad you had a great time Loco! Using a set of Skat Trak and some smoothies, the rhino will be better off with that combo. Do you have pictures to share with us?
I know some of the members here are planning trip up there in April.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Just got home a few hours ago. So i'll try to get some up either later tonight or tomorrow.

2006 Turbo Rhintax. Magnum offroad longtravel kit, Prp seats, full homemade cage with 4 7" Kragen HID's on the lightbar.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Enjoying my Rhino

It would be great if you did. What's the travel time from Winchesters to Coos bay?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Travel time I would say is about 20 minutes or so. Wish I had more days to ride but I had too much fun in winchester and didn't have anyway to get my rhino down to coos without taking the whole toyhauler. Here are some pictures,
Sand Tires slide well in 2wd

Views are awesome, this was on top of Banshee Hill

If you get a chance to go down to bandon, which is like 1/2 hour south of Coos bay and go to the wild animal refuge. Here my wife is holding a baby cougar.

Practicing my Ninja skills and bringing my inner piece.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Wide F'n Open

LOL... nice ninja skills! We made the trip to Coos Bay last year... it was a blast! Plannin a trip to coos again early next year, theres a thread on it somewhere

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
Machined sheavelDynateck ECUlXMF +6l2-4" 3-7" HID's
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 AM
LBR
Administrator

Good to hear you had a blast up in our area, Loco - we also stay at Discovery Point during Dunefest.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Wide F'n Open

Looks like you had a lot of fun,smooth dunes to ride on, I can't wait to go up there!!!!!!!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by controled force View Post
Looks like you had a lot of fun,smooth dunes to ride on, I can't wait to go up there!!!!!!!
When i went up there last year it was the smoothest dunes ive ever riden... are you making the http://www.rhinotalk.net/forums/west...highlight=coos ?

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
Machined sheavelDynateck ECUlXMF +6l2-4" 3-7" HID's
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

I would love to make that trip, but it might be right in the middle of my busy season for landscaping. As it gets closer i'll know better but it would be fun to have all you guy up there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement