Bad E-Bay Experience - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Bad E-Bay Experience

I have posted this on other forums. We responded to and E-Bay listing for a Curtis Cab. The listing indicated ta a windshield, roof and rear panel. We paid the asking price of $1,500 and $275 freight to get it to Seattle from Miles City, Montana. We also paid the freight from Seattle to Juneau.

When the cab arrived, 3 boxes came with 1 missing. I contacted the freight company. Only three were sent. I contacted the seller Doug Schneider of Miles City, Montana. He indicated he would see if he had the 4th box. He later indicated he didn't have it. He asked what I wanted him to do. I asked him to get us a rear panel.

After not hearing from him for a week I started sending e-mails. He didn't answer. It came down to where i had to file a claim through PayPal. Got the news today they had ruled in my favor. Lot of good it does as he has no money in his account.

We ordered a panel through a company here in Juneau. Should be here next week. Cost over $800. I had asked Doug Schneider for less than that.

Two things I learned - Sorry to say, Sadly, Doug Schneider of Miles City, Montana is not a man of his word. Second - PayPal Buyer Protection is worthless.

Oh yea, He indicated he won the cab at a UTV Rally. A member on another forum told me it was the Black Hills Rally. The shipping labels on the boxes I received read:

Top 50 rally Park/UTV Rally
1820 Samco Rd.
Rapid City, S.D. 57702

These people are in no way responsible for Doug Schneider not completing his end of our transaction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Wide F'n Open

sorry for to hear your terrible experience on Ebay.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Wreckin' Shop

I have one that I am worried about right now.....I won a couple of items last week. I cant get the guy to respond to my emails.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Wide F'n Open

economy getting so bad, people are ruining there Ebay good credit rating
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanos View Post
economy getting so bad, people are ruining there Ebay good credit rating
I just got 2 items from a seller for half of what his buy it now price was and half of what they are worth. I emailed him twice and have not heard anything. I am planning on droping him another email tomorrow.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

sorry to hear about your bad experience, never been a fan of e-bay

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Wide F'n Open

some times ebay sellers suck adn there is not you can do. did you paypal the guy jim? i have become an ass on there and if they dont respond with in 24 hours, i will put a stop pay thru paypal. to many crooks these days hidding behind there computers. if only they had a face so i could put my fist down there throat!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM
No Longer Registered

while we are on the Ebay subject I would like to point iut this auction that is somewhat misleading eBay Motors: YAMAHA RHINO Custom Billet Long Travel Suspension Kit (item 290246561427 end time Mar-13-09 20:51:31 PDT)
a lot of pictures of related parts that are not included in the BIN price. That fact is not made realy clear in the narative.
so, Yea it's TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

OTOH I have had awsome experience with other venders,If you read everything carefully and ask questions a lot of disapointments can be avoided.

Not the case for Capton Jack

That curtis cab is a well thought out design well worth it! My buddy has one on his rhino he rides around in short sleves in our mild climate.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Wide F'n Open

Fleabay has no teeth so anybody can do whatever they want, and PayPal is a fucking ripoff they charge alot of money to use there service and then sell everyone this Bs about buyer protection which is worthless. FUCK GAYPAL..

2nd place is the first loser!!

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
some times ebay sellers suck adn there is not you can do. did you paypal the guy jim? i have become an ass on there and if they dont respond with in 24 hours, i will put a stop pay thru paypal. to many crooks these days hidding behind there computers. if only they had a face so i could put my fist down there throat!
Ya I paid thru paypal 700+ bucks. He only live in utah and I have his address. I will make a road trip if necessary to get my cheddar back. I just sent an email asking for tracking information. I won these items last sunday. I am sure he is pissed as I won the items for less than half of what is "buy it now" price was. One of the items I will use the other I will resale.

BOOYAA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement