2007 660 engine trouble - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

2007 660 engine trouble

My 660 just brakes down terrible in reverse under load. Seems Ok in forward gears, it seems like the rev limiter is kicking in but bike will just barely move in reverse. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Unless you have a dyna box you have a rev limiter in reverse. If you have a dyna box and its doing that the reverse indicator switch is bed. That is on the top of the motor under the air box. Its about a 20 dollar part from the dealer

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
Unless you have a dyna box you have a rev limiter in reverse. If you have a dyna box and its doing that the reverse indicator switch is bed. That is on the top of the motor under the air box. Its about a 20 dollar part from the dealer
I have a procom box and also have the stock box both do it. I will have a look at that. How do I Know which part it is or is it obvious
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Red Cup Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rake1 View Post
I have a procom box and also have the stock box both do it. I will have a look at that. How do I Know which part it is or is it obvious
pretty obvious part, its the only switch on top of the motor and has a single green wire connected to it. like jim said it sits directly underneath the airbox.

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Founding Ninja

or your procomm died

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
pretty obvious part, its the only switch on top of the motor and has a single green wire connected to it. like jim said it sits directly underneath the airbox.

OK found it but I can't find the part on the Yamaha online Parts catalog. Anyone have the part # or what section to look under for it. And do they call it something different rather than a rev limiter.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Wreckin' Shop

You need to get with one of your buddys that has a dyna ignition box and try their box. The procomm box has that limiter there so do the stock one. They are not intended to run any rpms in reverse. They are definatly not designed to run under a load in reverse. HOWEVER...if you are needing it to work better in reverse the dyna box has no reverse rev limiter.

The switch: The reverse switch is NOT bad unless you are having that rev limit in your forward gears also.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
You need to get with one of your buddys that has a dyna ignition box and try their box. The procomm box has that limiter there so do the stock one. They are not intended to run any rpms in reverse. They are definatly not designed to run under a load in reverse. HOWEVER...if you are needing it to work better in reverse the dyna box has no reverse rev limiter.

The switch: The reverse switch is NOT bad unless you are having that rev limit in your forward gears also.
Ok went out today and tried in forward gear 50mph on a slight down grade and no problem with the rev limiter. Tried in reverse with a slow ease in gas peddle and I can back up with lots of speed,as soon as I put the peddle to the metal in reverse(regardless of speed) the rev limiter cuts in. Don't have many Rhinos in my area wouldn't find one with the box on it. Procom didn't do this when new so I guess what you are telling me is the box has probably gone bad. I can't believe the stock one should do this from a dead stop and not reving that high. But I took mine off as soon as i bought it so don't know.
I wonder if anyone with a stock box working proper could try this for me,full reverse from dead stop see if the limiter cuts in.
Thanks for all the help on this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rake1 View Post
Ok went out today and tried in forward gear 50mph on a slight down grade and no problem with the rev limiter. Tried in reverse with a slow ease in gas peddle and I can back up with lots of speed,as soon as I put the peddle to the metal in reverse(regardless of speed) the rev limiter cuts in. Don't have many Rhinos in my area wouldn't find one with the box on it. Procom didn't do this when new so I guess what you are telling me is the box has probably gone bad. I can't believe the stock one should do this from a dead stop and not reving that high. But I took mine off as soon as i bought it so don't know.
I wonder if anyone with a stock box working proper could try this for me,full reverse from dead stop see if the limiter cuts in.
Thanks for all the help on this.
I'm not sure of what the LIMIT is in reverse...but I know for a fact they are limited. Most lkely your procomm has always been like that and you just never stuck you foot that far into it. I have delt with many boxs and they all have a reverse limiter except for the DYNA.

BOOYAA

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
I'm not sure of what the LIMIT is in reverse...but I know for a fact they are limited. Most lkely your procomm has always been like that and you just never stuck you foot that far into it. I have delt with many boxs and they all have a reverse limiter except for the DYNA.
Thanks but I can guarantee that this never did this untill lately just hate to go buy another box if that is not the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement