10 Min. Aluminum job needed today........ANYBODY?????? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

10 Min. Aluminum job needed today........ANYBODY??????

Well, As you guys know I have been building my sand car in my garage for almost a year now. My Fabricator has many skills and that's why we have been able to do so much with out the specific tools needed. We have come to a small 10 min aluminum job that I need somebodies help with. I need the front of my roof (5' wide) bent with a break or should I say bent or folded over so it creats a strong 1" Lip at the end. My last aluminum roof I took it to a local shop and the guy did it in about 5min.
Is there anybody close to Orange, CA that can do this today?? Seems like Saturday everybody's closed. I don't care if it is in somebodys garage that has the tool to do this. I'll bring you a case of beer for your 10 min. of fame.

Here's some pics of my roof now and some of my old roof so you can see what I need.

my old roof bent at the edge to form almost a rain gutter effect.

Sorry it's the only pic I can find

Thanks to all the hard work from Todd at www.151fab.com for building my rhino!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

SDR might be open today

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
SDR might be open today
What's there full name? I haven't been there before and can't find there website for a phone number. Thanks Mark

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:18 PM

I'm working on seeing if brian at ltrhino off 91 can do it, give me a minute

VictoryGardenshydro.com
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:30 PM

here is sdr's info
Welcome to SDR Motorsports Inc. the home of the custom turn key side X side.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 01:06 PM

brian's bender is buried, he's trying to get his car ready to go for tonight, he said he can do it monday.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
brian's bender is buried, he's trying to get his car ready to go for tonight, he said he can do it monday.
Thanks for taking your morning to get ahold of him.
It's not like I HAVE to have it today, It's just I'm running out of time and I want to knock this little crap out now since I have time. I am swamped at work during the week.
Thanks again.
I posted this Thread on 5 different web sites so maybe somebody will hook me up today or tomorrow.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetler View Post
Well, As you guys know I have been building my sand car in my garage for almost a year now. My Fabricator has many skills and that's why we have been able to do so much with out the specific tools needed. We have come to a small 10 min aluminum job that I need somebodies help with. I need the front of my roof (5' wide) bent with a break or should I say bent or folded over so it creats a strong 1" Lip at the end. My last aluminum roof I took it to a local shop and the guy did it in about 5min.
Is there anybody close to Orange, CA that can do this today?? Seems like Saturday everybody's closed. I don't care if it is in somebodys garage that has the tool to do this. I'll bring you a case of beer for your 10 min. of fame.

Here's some pics of my roof now and some of my old roof so you can see what I need.

my old roof bent at the edge to form almost a rain gutter effect.

Sorry it's the only pic I can find

You don't even call it a Rhino any more? It's a Sand car.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwkRhino View Post
You don't even call it a Rhino any more? It's a Sand car.
When I call it a rhino I get "It's far from a rhino anymore. Then when I call it a sand car I still get a
no but seriously, I originally posted this on GD.Com in the Buggy section and figured I'd get a little more help from the shops if I called it a sand car and not a rhino.
During my project, build when ever I buy parts, s soon as I tell them it's a RHINO they loose all respect and almost push me away.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetler View Post
When I call it a rhino I get "It's far from a rhino anymore. Then when I call it a sand car I still get a
no but seriously, I originally posted this on GD.Com in the Buggy section and figured I'd get a little more help from the shops if I called it a sand car and not a rhino.
During my project, build when ever I buy parts, s soon as I tell them it's a RHINO they loose all respect and almost push me away.
Nice, you can never win. Have you called Buckshot today? Maybe they can help you out, they are in La Habra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement