MUST HAVE for All Rhinos!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Thumbs up MUST HAVE for All Rhinos!!

Ok guys and girls- have you ever got leg cramps or a sore leg/ankle while driving your rhino??

Well I have found a fix!!!! Well actually Mark has.

Desert Molding has come out with a product that virtually eliminates all leg discomforts you might encounter.

Mark @ Desert Molding Concepts; which is a current Yamaha Rhino owner, set out to find a fix for this issue that he also had with the stock pedal system. What he came out with was a pedal extension / assembly that is works perfect with the stock system and the biggest thing; it won’t break the bank. This product has acually been on the market for a while but I recently found out about it.

The pedal extension / assembly is made from a two component polyurethane with and Aluminum top. The aluminum top is powder coated in two color choices( near chrome and silver vein) and then is chemically molded to create a bond between the aluminum and the polyurethane. Once molded the aluminum and polyurethane act as one to create a highly durable assembly that will last for years to come.

The easiest way to describe the pedal is; the pedal top has a nice aluminum deck with a super slippery polyurethane attached to the underneath, that slides on the stock pedal. It mounts with a stainless to the floor. As for the brake pedal- it was not left out. The kit also includes a matching brake pedal cover to match the gas pedal extension / assembly. It is attached with supplied 3m adhesive strips.

Installation:
Installation was a breeze! The kit comes with a very detailed colored set of instructions. About a half an hour and youre done. All that is needed is a drill, couple drill bits, screw driver, and a wrench.

Gas Pedal Installation:
1. Disconnect stock gas pedal return spring.
2. Remove throttle cable from bulkhead.
3. Mark line 1/2" down from top of stock gas pedal.
4. Where hinge lays, grind down raised area on floor board so hinge lays flush.
5. Lay new pedal over stock gas pedal so that it is centered and the top of the new pedal rests 1/2" from the top of the stock pedal.
6. With hinge flat on the floor, mark location of hinge.
7. Remove hinge from pedal
8. Place hinge over pre-marked hinge location and mark hole locations
9. Inside hole (closest to tunnel) - drill 5/32" and clearance slightly. Install #10 sheet metal screw.
10. Outside hole - drill 7/32" hole through floor pan. Install 10-32 machine screw, washer and nut.
11. Reinstall new pedal on hinge and tighten.
12. Reinstall stock throttle cable.
13. Reinstall stock gas pedal return spring.
14. Check pedal assembly for proper fit and function prior to operating vehicle.
DONE!! So simple!

My thoughts:
First Test with the new pedal extension / assembly was awesome!! I had no issues what so ever! Before the pedal I would get those awful leg cramps from having to hold my leg up off the ground to press the pedal at lower speeds. Now with the Desert Molding Concepts kit you can rest your foot on the floor; like you would when driving your car or truck. So for a hundred buck it will NOT break the bank. (Also for the guys like my self that have to make sure the wife is cool with spending all the money we do on our rhinos; for a hundred buck this kit will actually get you some brownie points with the wife. If she is shorter like my wife and has a hard time reaching the pedal it makes it so much easier to reach and more comfortably too. So not only help with leg fatigue but is stylish as well. [/COLOR]

All and all - Very easy kit to install. Looks allot better then the stock pedal. No more leg / ankle fatigue. Easier for shorter leg individuals (like my wife) to reach the pedal with ease. This pedal has been used in extreme conditions on race cars with zero issues. Very well made in the USA product!!!

sorry my camera broke but i will get some better pics tonight - this is the only one i have currently

Also Desert Molding makes longer hood straps for the guys like me that have high doors.
Mark had this issue too and designed a longer hood strap pull to allow you to grab them with ease.

will get pictures tonight.

He also designed some standard length cool ones that are shaped like bones!
Not for everyone but hey it might be the last thing that sets off your paint theme or just an added touch to your Rhino.

All these products can be ordered from Mike or Greg @ Unleashed UTV- 602-246-4011.

Cant we all get along? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:13 AM
jws
Wide F'n Open

The pedals are the shit - my buddy made up a few sets like these for the guys in our group........
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

I think they make you faster i will be installing on my Rhino and possibly the AC,,they are bare foot dune tested!!!!, nothing but good stuff results about these peddles

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 AM
ljb
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post
The pedals are the shit - my buddy made up a few sets like these for the guys in our group........
yea baby!!
I had them rhino lined so your foot stays planted though.
I think I still have an extra one lying around somewhere....

08 700 SE
XMF LT
HID's
Livewire whip
and some quads and a KTM
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Wide F'n Open

I kinda like the Pepboys pedals........15bucks................lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FRIDAY PICS 011.jpg (96.2 KB, 63 views)
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneRocket View Post
I kinda like the Pepboys pedals........15bucks................lol
thats not fixing the issue the stock pedal has- thats just making it look better. lol

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Wide F'n Open

Somebody got some free pedals!!!

NIIICE!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
ljb
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Somebody got some free pedals!!!
ya think...

08 700 SE
XMF LT
HID's
Livewire whip
and some quads and a KTM
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb View Post
ya think...
so everytime a do a write up on a product its because i got it for free?

just trying to share a great product with the rest of the rhino guys out there that are having the same issue of leg cramps that i HAD.

I didnt know about this product untill a few weeks ago- i rememer maxpowers telling me about his but thought nothing of it at the time.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:28 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

so were they free?? I mean advertising is a good trade according to Blake, so they arent free, you just dont have to pay for them.

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement