Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

need some equipment advice

974 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BRMINC 
#1 ·
Looking to add some equipment to my rhino for the upcoming dune season and would like some advice.

Last year I put on , wheels and tires, a full roll cage, back seat and seatbelts all around.

This year I want to add a top to the cage. I cant decide if I should go metal or canvas. I've heard the metal can rattle and canvas can wear out in the sun. Any opinions are appreciated.

Also, I am planning on installing a some tunes. I like the ssv set up with the ipod direct to the amp with their speaker pods. As far as amps go I am a novice. I see they have marine grade amps that lead me to believe they may handle a little splash of water. Is this a good thing in a rhino and is it neccessary?

Thanks for the imput: good:

#2 ·
i would run a aluminum roof u can use hardware store foam window stripping or u can get speaker carpet and spray glue on the inside of roof and carpet it...makes it nice..

and u can rivit or screw roof down ...

i would get skat trak paddles and a dunners kit for full fun in the dunes....stay light what ever u do..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.