Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Pismo Help

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mosslager 
#1 ·
Okay guys, I'm heading to Pismo on the 25th-28th with the trailer in tow for the first time. I have been hearing horror stories so far. Hers what I have been told.. If I get there on Friday I'm F'd because all the beach front spots will be taken and if the tides up I won't be able to get by them to get to a spot to set up camp so be sure to get there at like 9AM! Secondly is to cover everthing under my truck and trailer with WD40 so when the weekends done I won't have rust issues and I can just go and wash everything off. 3rd thing is to bring plenty of ply wood ripped down to about 3ft widths and go around the whole back side of my trailer if I am where the tide rolls in because the winds pick up at night and blow underneath the trailer and make life miserable and it also helps keep the tide from going under the trailer (sounds like the tide comes in pretty high). Also, air down the truck and trailer to about 17 lbs. Is it really that hard to get a spot to camp at on a Friday? I have reservations made but I am told that its already filled in by then.

#4 ·
all good advice no on wd40 but when you get home park over a sprinkler for an 1/2hr. that will wash under the rig the best AIR DOWN right when you pull onto the beach and yes we take ply wood to put around our traler but it has not been windy so you should be ok and yes beach frount fills up fast

#6 ·
Depending on how big your trailer is. I have had to go as low as 10lbs in the summer I am running bfg ats e rated so the sidewalls don't bulge much. In winter I only go down to about 20. make sure to air the trailer down and take a square nose shovel:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.