Snow Plows - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Snow Plows

Hi folks, i am looking at buying a snow plow for my 07 rhino 660, been searching around and there is a lot of them out there just wondering if anyone has good suggestions, looking at a Moose Plow..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
1/4 Throttle

Thumbs up snow plows

I have Cycle Country plows on both of my Rhinos.
They are easy to mount/unmount and work well.
I've never had any problems!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
1/4 Throttle

snow plows

I bought the new plow put out by yamaha. This plow has a mount that is bolted to the rhino and the plow just clicks on to the mount, very easy, do not have to install push bars. I lift the plow
with a warn 3000 winch. Do not use the steel cable because it will
bind up, use either a flat strap or synthetic rope. I am happy with this plow.
Toivo
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
3/4 Throttle

Garage
i have been putting snow plows on for several years...i ahve pretty much installed every make of plow onto the rhinos!....here is my out take on them

Cycle country are our most popular plows...easy to disconnect and use! only has 3 blade positions and company is GREAT to deal with.... also there paint on the blades are supposed to slide the snow off more then the standered paint....puts u in mind of a non-stick pan

Moose plows are also very good...they have alot more blade positions but have chincy blade piviot bolts that bend easy...also the push tubes are alot smaller...But over all the setup is really nice

Warn plows....Boy were to start....took me forever to install my first one on a rhino.... they connect to the bumper and front frame... push tubes are short and u can lift the blade really high!...down falls are its weights as much as a fourwheeler... and if u hit anything that trips the blade...your going to bed ur frame!!!!! i have seen this alot... they build one heck of a setup, if u wanna put it on your jeep..

the swishers and other knock off plows are a waist of money....i have put some of them on that mount to the front a arms... who wants to puch snow with the a arms of there machine!!!

Hope this helps!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
1/4 Throttle

These would be cool, just not here in socal
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 07:28 PM

I live in colorado and have a cycle country plow on my 07 660. have been plowing with it for two years. No problems what so ever and I plow very fast and hard. I use a winch to lift my plow and have found out that even the synthetic winch cables break when they get cold. So if you are going to use a winch to lift your plow you need to find a climbing store and buy some tubular webbing. It has a 5000lb rating only costs about 7 dollars for 10 feet and is very easy to load on the winch, and even easier to fix when it breaks. and all cables that i have tried break. The webbing is easy because you just remove the broken piece, tie another loop and keep going.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Thanks for all the info i purchased a Moose plow, only took a couple hours to install on the machine as well as all the accessories. I will keep you advised how it works, but my first run seemed very good. Secondly are Moose and Cycle Country the same now?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Wide F'n Open

I also have the Moose Plow system, works pretty well just really heavy and a pain in the ass to hookup the push tubes especially in the snow where you have to crawl under the machine to get the pins in.

The quick attach system would be nice but seems my dealer never has them in stock.

I don't plow much snow, but I also use my plow for grading my driveway.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 02:17 AM
3/4 Throttle

ok a little bump.

we don’t get much now wear we live. but we live on a hill and drive way is kinda long. the past 2 years we have just put salt down. only way to get in and out is 4wd and we have 2 4wd trucks. but i got to thinking plows are around what $500 $600? I think last year we spent around !150 to $200 on salt. I was think about us getting a plow for are 2011 700cc because i was thinking if we are going to spend over $100 a year on salt. in the long run it’s going to be more than a plow. i know i could maybe even do my neighbor and my friend that lives 0.8 miles up the road. even thought about charging maybe $5 a plow. i would not be a daily think. we get snow and it may be around for a few days. maybe a week. than gone for a few days/week. and get snow agin.

what i would like is a plow that does NOT defect the Ground clearance because in summer and even winter we go riding up in the mountains and need all 12” of Ground clearance. is their any like that? Edit: and yes we do have a warn winch all ready. got it the same day as the rhino.

Last edited by BabyWhiteRhino721; 11-29-2011 at 02:24 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyWhiteRhino721 View Post
ok a little bump.

we donít get much now wear we live. but we live on a hill and drive way is kinda long. the past 2 years we have just put salt down. only way to get in and out is 4wd and we have 2 4wd trucks. but i got to thinking plows are around what $500 $600? I think last year we spent around !150 to $200 on salt. I was think about us getting a plow for are 2011 700cc because i was thinking if we are going to spend over $100 a year on salt. in the long run itís going to be more than a plow. i know i could maybe even do my neighbor and my friend that lives 0.8 miles up the road. even thought about charging maybe $5 a plow. i would not be a daily think. we get snow and it may be around for a few days. maybe a week. than gone for a few days/week. and get snow agin.

what i would like is a plow that does NOT defect the Ground clearance because in summer and even winter we go riding up in the mountains and need all 12Ē of Ground clearance. is their any like that? Edit: and yes we do have a warn winch all ready. got it the same day as the rhino.
I have the Moose Plow which has the push tubes that run under the rhino and attach to a mount. Great system if you like to crawl under your machine to attach and remove the plow. The huge problem I ran into is I forgot about the mount being on the machine, went hunting in some very rough rocky terrain and snapped off a couple of the U-Bolt Ends rendering the mount completely useless now. So if you go the route of this type of install remember to remove the plow mount after winter or you'll regret it.

I know there are some mounts I have seen that attach to the front of the rhino somewhere that allow a quick attach/detach style which is what I would have liked but my dealer is the biggest bunch of idiots around and wouldn't even look up the part numbers and order it, they gave me another piece of crap tube style system. The quick attach system is a bit more expensive however a lot more operator friendly as you just drive up attach the pins then the winch or other lift hook raise the plow and drive away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement