Head Gaskets problems - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Head Gaskets problems

Does anyone have advice on aftermarket head gaskets? And what are the torque specs on the head bolts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Red Cup Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrhino08 View Post
Does anyone have advice on aftermarket head gaskets? And what are the torque specs on the head bolts?
cometic is the only headgskt i would use.

27 ftlbs for the headbolts.

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Wreckin' Shop

I torque close to 35ft#'s or you can get a stud kit and go to 45ft#'s.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Red Cup Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
I torque close to 35ft#'s
thats why your shit is always broke.

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
thats why your shit is always broke.
So some good and Torqued bolt cause valves to breakI musta missed that one somewhere....On a side note...I never had head gasket issues

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Red Cup Ninja

Quote:
So some good and Torqued bolt cause valves to breakI musta missed that one somewhere....On a side note...I never had head gasket issues
i was just playin playa.

but i do think 35 is too much, not really a head gskt issue. i think the stretch bolts work best at 27.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
i was just playin playa.

but i do think 35 is too much, not really a head gskt issue. i think the stretch bolts work best at 27.
I think the issue is the head doesnt torque evenly because the 2 long 6mm bolts dont get torqued at the same time as the others....I did forget to mention I ran oversized head bolts from a camerybut I would have still over torqued the stockers just for good measure

BOOYAA

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Red Cup Ninja

Quote:
I think the issue is the head doesnt torque evenly because the 2 long 6mm bolts dont get torqued at the same time as the others
you are right, they dont torque evenly. that is why i torque them, run the motor over several heat cylcles, pull the valve cover, and retorque.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
you are right, they dont torque evenly. that is why i torque them, run the motor over several heat cylcles, pull the valve cover, and retorque.
We actually built a torque plate so That you could torque the 2 6mm long bolts also with out puttin the valve cover on. We found there to be about an 8ft # difference between the outer 9mm head bolts and the inner 9mm head bolts. Since then everyone in my crew has used the torque plate.

BOOYAA

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Red Cup Ninja

Quote:
We actually built a torque plate so That you could torque the 2 6mm long bolts also with out puttin the valve cover on. We found there to be about an 8ft # difference between the outer 9mm head bolts and the inner 9mm head bolts. Since then everyone in my crew has used the torque plate.
that is a great idea jimmy... but not everyone has a torque plate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement