HELP IDENTIFY- What Long Travel Do I Have? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

HELP IDENTIFY- What Long Travel Do I Have?

Hey can some of you Rhino Experts tell me who made my long travel kit? I bought it from a third owner and the guy wasn't sure.

Also, I broke this top ball joint on my front suspension, does anyone know where I can get a replacement? It's not the same as a stock joint. Luckily I found a welder in next to the Blue Inn at Ocotillo who was able to get me back on the trail until my rear axle popped out of my CV joint. It didn't surprise me because I was trying to keep up with a bunch of guys on bikes on cross-over trail to Pumpkin Patch.

One last thing, I've had two axles pop out of the CV joints in the back. Can I prevent this from continuing to happen? Someone suggest limit straps.... Does that make sense on a Rhino?

Thanks! Brad Rhino1.jpg

Suspension-Front.jpg

Suspension-Front2.jpg

Suspension-Front-Close.jpg

Suspension-Back.jpg

Rhino2.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Close up of the broken ball joint.

Here are a couple pictures showing the ball joint at the front hub.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BrokenBallJoint-Close.jpg (91.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Suspension-Front-Close.jpg (94.4 KB, 18 views)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Wide F'n Open

that is a uni ball beter than a ball joint some would say... may be cheek with BRMINC 661 399 0034 than can get you taken Care of and it might be there kit ??

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

It kinda looks like a HRT kit, but HRT uses fox shocks, but that doesn't mean someone didn't choose king's instead of fox's.
it may also be a socalutv kit.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Wide F'n Open

Looks like my buddies bad ass rhino kit...if your clips keeps pulling out you can gring the face of the clip down so its not round and it shouldnt come out but you might want to see if the axles are the right length

Last edited by family wagon; 03-15-2010 at 08:41 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Wreckin' Shop

Thats a Long Travel Industries kit. And yes its a uni ball. But it looks like you broke the pin...not the uni ball

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Wreckin' Shop

Heres the guy you need to talk to....he not on here often so you might try him at utvunderground.

http://www.rhinotalk.net/forums/memb...avel-ind-.html

UTVUnderground.Com - The #1 Resource for SXS Enthusiasts - View Profile: Long Travel Ind.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Wide F'n Open

[QUOTE=C-Bad;105785]Hey can some of you Rhino Experts tell me who made my long travel kit? I bought it from a third owner and the guy wasn't sure.

Also, I broke this top ball joint on my front suspension, does anyone know where I can get a replacement? It's not the same as a stock joint. Luckily I found a welder in next to the Blue Inn at Ocotillo who was able to get me back on the trail until my rear axle popped out of my CV joint. It didn't surprise me because I was trying to keep up with a bunch of guys on bikes on cross-over trail to Pumpkin Patch.

One last thing, I've had two axles pop out of the CV joints in the back. Can I prevent this from continuing to happen? Someone suggest limit straps.... Does that make sense on a Rhino?

Thanks! Brad Attachment 4292
WE HAVE THE PARTS YOU NEED

DUNER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement