busted spindle - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

busted spindle

I was out and bust a spindle or stering knuckle yamaha calls it, it just broke right in half. By the time i got it on the trailer my axle came part way out and and groung down the first inch of the splines on the cv joint it doesnt look like any damage inside but there seems to be some oil leeking out of the diff where it goes in. Its still ripped apart is that commom to see a bit when the axle is removed...

SLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Wide F'n Open

yes it is a common thing to see some oil ... there is a seal there that need to be replaced as for the spindle BYC Motorsports..(714)553-5248 Stage IV Spindles this is your best bet so it dose not happen again..and the best price I have found

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

WOW

byc is insane, those spuindels are off the hook and the price is unbelievable.
if I didn't already have $800 hcr's I would buy those in a heartbeat.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
WOW

byc is insane, those spuindels are off the hook and the price is unbelievable.
if I didn't already have $800 hcr's I would buy those in a heartbeat.
give it time you too will need to replace your HCR'S

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Wreckin' Shop

You know what sucks......is if those spindles are as Hard as they claim 40HRC....they are going to snaping. Wait and see

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Wide F'n Open

i dont know about snapping no one has said any thing about that but I have ran 5 gal of gas out in the river bed and every thing is right on the money I have not ran 5 gal of gas with no spindle problem in the last 6 trips out...

here is you HCR'S MAX....this is the 2nd set not the ones i bent with you and hapa

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
i dont know about snapping no one has said any thing about that but I have ran 5 gal of gas out in the river bed and every thing is right on the money I have not ran 5 gal of gas with no spindle problem in the last 6 trips out...

here is you HCR'S MAX....this is the 2nd set not the ones i bent with you and hapa
In the river bed you werent running a garage built LT kit or offset wheelsOr wheel spacers....compare apples to apples my friend

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
In the river bed you werent running a garage built LT kit or offset wheelsOr wheel spacers....compare apples to apples my friend
LOL...the sniper kit was not a garage built kit ! it out lasted yours and your right I no longer need wheel spacers to run stock tires ... but my black wheels are a wide off set and the true test is not till its at the beach

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
LOL...the sniper kit was not a garage built kit ! it out lasted yours and your right I no longer need wheel spacers to run stock tires ... but my black wheels are a wide off set and the true test is not till its at the beach
you know what i think is hilarious......no one else seems to have issues like you.....so If you look at the common denominator.....it goes back to that garage built LT kit.....I feel deeply sorry for the guy you sold it too....

BOOYAA

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
you know what i think is hilarious......no one else seems to have issues like you.....so If you look at the common denominator.....it goes back to that garage built LT kit.....I feel deeply sorry for the guy you sold it too....
LOL your just all upset because I bent a set of cognitos .. twice ....but all good now I have a nice set that has been sold for over a year with no problems.. and I'm not the first one to run them. and then get slamed when I bent them

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement