Rhino won't crank please help!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Rhino won't crank please help!!

So I bought a used rhino a few months ago and it has been totally fine mechanically up till now. I gave it a pretty good beating over the past few days but was still running ok. Tonight I cranked it up and drove maybe 300 yards very smoothly and under 15mph nothing crazy. I got out to do some work and when I got back in it wouldn't start. I tried everything. It makes this almost grinding sound and won't crank. Battery is good has gas all that. Sounds like a bad starter. Like the starter is stripped. Please help. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 PM
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by W321shark View Post
So I bought a used rhino a few months ago and it has been totally fine mechanically up till now. I gave it a pretty good beating over the past few days but was still running ok. Tonight I cranked it up and drove maybe 300 yards very smoothly and under 15mph nothing crazy. I got out to do some work and when I got back in it wouldn't start. I tried everything. It makes this almost grinding sound and won't crank. Battery is good has gas all that. Sounds like a bad starter. Like the starter is stripped. Please help. Any ideas?
Where is the grinding noise coming from?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

It turned out to be the starter clutch. Couldn't figure it out and broke down and took it to the yamaha dealer near me. The guy ran the vin and it turned out to have a extended warrenty on it and they fixed it all for free that was a relief
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 11:43 AM
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by W321shark View Post
It turned out to be the starter clutch. Couldn't figure it out and broke down and took it to the yamaha dealer near me. The guy ran the vin and it turned out to have a extended warrenty on it and they fixed it all for free that was a relief
Cool, good news!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement