Got Mud? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Got Mud?

Hi everyone. New here, and I have a few questions. I took my ride in the drink last weekend, and filled it up with mud. After checking the air cleaner and fluids, we drained the belt case and it dripped mud for 10 minutes. everything runs fine, but the top speed is 10mph now.

This weekend, I washed it all off so that I could work on it. Got the belt cover pulled off, and sure enough it is full of mud, so here are my questions;
1- is there any reason I cant presure wash the inside of that case?
2- do I need to pull the clutch apart to clean that out?
3 is there anything else I should be doing? (concerning the belt)

Thanks for your help. looking forward to snooping around here a little
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77-383step View Post
Hi everyone. New here, and I have a few questions. I took my ride in the drink last weekend, and filled it up with mud. After checking the air cleaner and fluids, we drained the belt case and it dripped mud for 10 minutes. everything runs fine, but the top speed is 10mph now.

This weekend, I washed it all off so that I could work on it. Got the belt cover pulled off, and sure enough it is full of mud, so here are my questions;
1- is there any reason I cant presure wash the inside of that case?
2- do I need to pull the clutch apart to clean that out?
3 is there anything else I should be doing? (concerning the belt)

Thanks for your help. looking forward to snooping around here a little
Clean out the belt case completely including the whole clutch assembly yes you'll have to tear it down and clean everything out of it in order for it to properly work again, DO NOT pressure wash the engine side of the case or you may destroy the seals between the case and the engine and create massive oil leaks. You'll have to get all the mud out with low pressure water. Once you get all the mud out of everything put it all back together and it should be good to go again.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Great, thanks for the tips. I appreciate the help.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM
1/4 Throttle

future reference u had mud inside the sliders of the sheave so the clutch was stuck in low happen to my buddy once

06 660 27" mud lights,progressive 425 shocks,snorkels,tri fire cdi,iridium plug,hot rod sheave,orange spring,14 gram dry,ssv sound bar,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement