06 Rhino 660 blew carb off. Please Help - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Unhappy 06 Rhino 660 blew carb off. Please Help

Hey guys, So here's the issue. First 06 rhino 660 took engine out and rebulit it. (crank,bearings,seal,piston,cyl. used head and cam,) Engine starts right up and idles and runs good. The problem when you give it gas slowly it starts to back fire out of the carb and kills. The back fire are sometimes small but also blew the carb off the engine a few times too. Things i have done to try and fix. The carb has be soaked cleaned and rebulit. adjusted the valves. Also i noticed that the neutral light is not coming on while in neutral so i tried adjusting the shifter link. The neutral light did not come on but the bike to seem to run a little better. I can give it gas to the floor and it runs great but still if you give it gas slow it will back fire and kills. Also if you hold the starter knob out it runs fine no backfire so though it was something in the carb clogging it. I took it off and went through it many times and cleaned. The only thing not replaced on carb is the big diapham on the top or that valve slide to it.???? . When i took it for a test drive lots of power runs great but it you try to go slow just around 1/4 throttle and still back fires out the carb and will blow it of sometimes. Please ask me any question. I'm 3 weeks in on trying to solve the issue. Out of ideas.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 PM
1/4 Throttle

u should try to adjust ur air fuel ratio screw but if u are blowing the carb off u may have some bigger problems never rebuilt a rhino before but sound like the timing is way out or cam position somthing of that nature never heard of this before

06 660 27" mud lights,progressive 425 shocks,snorkels,tri fire cdi,iridium plug,hot rod sheave,orange spring,14 gram dry,ssv sound bar,
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Tried the timing a couple times. Pulled it down and recheck all the marks. Anyone know the factory mixture screw setting?(how many turns out) Wondering if it has something to do with this neutral light not coming on??
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:39 PM
1/4 Throttle

every one settin will be differant but completely stock i ran 2 and 1/4 turns out added snorkel and cdi i run it at 2 and a half out so depending on ur mods have u drill the plug for the screw????

06 660 27" mud lights,progressive 425 shocks,snorkels,tri fire cdi,iridium plug,hot rod sheave,orange spring,14 gram dry,ssv sound bar,
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
1/4 Throttle

another thing i forgot to ask u have u push any wire or somthin threw the jet not just soaking it and blowing it out had this happen once and it also mybe a fuel delivery issue if u have a leak in a fuel line it mybe pulling air in causing a lean condition
back fire threw carb=lean
backfire threw exhaust = rich

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Tried it 2, 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 turns out. Replace all jets with new ones. Had a rebuild kit for carb. Also clean old jets out very good and put them back and tried that. I have been working on it tonight and i did get the dash lights working. Ran for a bit starts right up and idles as it should. Sometimes if you you can rev it up and it runs great no backfires only from idle to 1/4 throttle does it backfire out of the carb. After it was backfiring some i removed the carb. and found the boot from the carb to intake wet soaked in fuel and the runners are real wet also. The only thing i did not replace on the carb. was the diaphram and slide. When I cleaned the carb. there was some gunk build up around the slide. Maybe it was a seal?? Could this slide cause these issues??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement