Installing Sheave and Duners Kit...... - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Installing Sheave and Duners Kit......

A couple of questions...........

Rog or anyone......Any tricks to installing the Duners Kit Spring? Do I have to have that tool from Yamaha to compress the spring? I got my RHino apart and now am wondering if I need more tools then what I have.........

What kind of grease do you use in the sheave with the rollers? Will Moly/CV grease work?

How crucial is the spacer that KMS recommends that goes on the clutch sheave shaft? IS there a certain size washer that I can get that will work?

I Am trying to watch these vids but they are so damn slow!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Follow the Underground on Twitter
http://twitter.com/UTVUnderground#/UTVUnderground

Last edited by JoeyD23; 08-22-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Wreckin' Shop

CV grease will work.....I took my secondary down to the dealer to change the spring.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Wide F'n Open

I'm not Rog... but...

Can't help you with the spring question... Court did mine. I do know that you need some sort of compressing tool... or a stock steel Rhino rim and big pair of nutz!

Like Jim said cv grease will be fine, just don't put a whole freakin globb of it... just enough for all the roller surfaces, and the guides for the top plate.

As far as the washer... I'm thinking that should have come with the sheave from KMS. When I got mine from RC the washer was taped to the sheave... as in don't lose this and use it... lol

NIIICE!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
or a stock steel Rhino rim and big pair of nutz!
That works great!! The hole in a stock steel whell is just the right size to hold the washer down while you spin the nut off and on. I would loosen the nut bu clamping it loosely in a vice and spinning the sheave by hand, although sometimes it took two of us to get them loose this way. After it is loose, you can compress the spring by pushing down on the washer with the wheel and spin the nut the rest of the way off. Reverse the steps to put the nut back on. I always use a drop or two of red locktight on the spring nut. Be VERY CAREFUL as the spring had a lot of pressure behind it.

I only use yamaha ultramatic grease. I know a lot have had luck with CV grease, but it gets runny when hot. I have seen several where the grease has run out of the hole in the center of the roller cover and ruined the belt (and a good race or riding weekend). That is why I always included genuine yamaha ultramatic grease with my sheaves.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Founding Ninja

I have a tool to change the spring, come on over and I will change it for ya.

The middle shim is not necessary, but it is recommended, from my research.

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Rog, Whats your schedule like on SUnday. I have to be in temecula by noon so if I came to your house around 7am do you think you could help me? I already have the clutch cover and "spider" cage pulled off. My problem is Shonuff hooked me up fat with the sheave but I dont have the spacer for the shaft?

If Sunday is bad maybe I can come to your house after work on Tuesday or Wed.?

Let me know as I think I am short on tools and know how at this point......I still cant ifnd a link to a Duners Kit install video.......

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Oh Rain Man where are you..........................................

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Red Cup Ninja

sorry i forgot about the shim joey, i have it here though. i can mail it out to you monday or you can pick it up.

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Oh Shit, thats sick..I didnt have the heart to ask after all you did. I am coming up to Temecula tommorow for my other Fantasy Draft. I wll be right by Pechanga.....where are you at?

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Founding Ninja

This is going to be my next project, and Im not looking forward to it....I might need your help too Rog ! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement