New 700 VDI ecu!!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

New 700 VDI ecu!!!

Look what showed up at my door the other day!! Yeah finally a complete ecu for the 700. Stay tuned for a complete write up on the VDI. The nice thing with the VDI is it works well with the larger m109 injector to help pump some more fuel to it.

Here is the site
Velocity Devices Inc. - Your source of high performance ATV parts and accessories.

2008+ Yamaha Rhino 700 EFI
The Copperhead® ECU is a plug and play replacement for the stock ECU in the Rhino 700 EFI (not a piggyback solution). It controls the timing and fuel, and improves throttle response. It provides a typical 6% power increase from idle to redline (WOT), and a part throttle power increase of up to 25% over stock. In addition, the top speed limiter has been increased to allow for about 16KPH/10MPH higher top speed (results dependant on tire size). The ECU also allows for the speedometer to be recalibrated for different tire sizes, and fuel can be adjusted for aftermarket camshafts and pipes (requires optional USB interface).

FEATURES
-Multi-Spark Discharge (MSD) allows for maximum power and virtually eliminates misfires, while giving you easy starts and crisp throttle response. Preloaded performance map allows the machine to run cooler, produce more horsepower and more torque, while minimizing fuel consumption.

-Shipped with machine specific harness that plugs directly into factory wiring harness. Toggle switch on the unit allows user to switch between two preloaded setups.
-Default preloaded map keeps factory limiters (reverse / speed) and similar power when the toggle switch is in position #1. When the toggle switch is in position #2, all limiters are disabled, and the timing is optimized for maximum power on 87 octane fuel. Setups and maps can be changed and optimized for different fuel grades via the USB Memory Interface (sold separately).

Here is a little info on the VDI as well- good read!!!

VDI ECU vs. Fuel Controller White Paper
http://www.velocitydevices.com/docum...te%20paper.pdf

Very easy install and programming as well
http://www.velocitydevices.com/docum...ha%20Rhino.pdf
http://www.velocitydevices.com/downl...structions.pdf

- I am really looking forward on testing it on different terrains and on the dyno.

Cant we all get along? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Wide F'n Open

cool kyle... keep us posted on some results sucka!

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
Machined sheavelDynateck ECUlXMF +6l2-4" 3-7" HID's
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Enjoying my Rhino

Hurry up and test it! I got $400 and it's burning a hole in my pocket!!!! Does it come with the injector or is it a seperate purchase?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSkidMarks View Post
Hurry up and test it! I got $400 and it's burning a hole in my pocket!!!! Does it come with the injector or is it a seperate purchase?
I think now with the economy how it is the dollar is worth less- I think the unit is 500 but I could be wrong. I think Lyle or even Mike or Jimmy can post up with the price.

as far the injector that is sperate thing from VDI. I think Mike will be stocking the injectors aswell. Injector is going to be around 150 or so???

Last edited by KJSmith84; 12-03-2008 at 03:21 PM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Wide F'n Open

I wonder why they use those connectors that look like they should be on the back of a computer rather than the gasketed plastic plugs like the other OEM stuff is. Will it be waterproof?
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Enjoying my Rhino

Is VDI a reputable company?
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcourt View Post
I wonder why they use those connectors that look like they should be on the back of a computer rather than the gasketed plastic plugs like the other OEM stuff is. Will it be waterproof?
yes everything is sealed really nice and all the connectors have dielectric grease.

this system replaces the factory ecu all together- no piggy back stuff here. Lyle actually spent some time and figured everything out.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Is VDI a reputable company?
from what I have read about the vdi for the kingquads they ALL love it. Jimmy also has one for his teryx and I think he got a bad unit so Lyle 2 dayed to him from Canada. Very good customer service from what Jimmy told me.

I bet Lyle will help you on any problems you encounter-if any.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Enjoying my Rhino

I just installed my Dynatek CDI, but if this VDI gives better results on the 700 Rhino with the injector. I'd give it a try...anything to make this 700 wake up!!!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
I just installed my Dynatek CDI, but if this VDI gives better results on the 700 Rhino with the injector. I'd give it a try...anything to make this 700 wake up!!!
if I was you I would return it now befor you use it. I am almost positive it will be that much better

Sponsored Links
Advertisement