700 performance Q's - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

700 performance Q's

I just stepped up from my 660 to the 700 and have installed the AFE intake filter and the DynaTek ignition. Ordered the sheave kit from BRP this week.
So far I'm only seeing 44-45mph, is this right or should I see more with this?
I'm also having starting problems now, when I crank it up it fires then dies and when cranked again runs ok.

Also considering the VDI setup!! Any pros n cons??

Also looking for an exhaust thats not as loud as the 2 Brothers dual system!! My buddy has this and it drives me crazy listening to it.

Thanks Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:52 AM
1/2 Throttle

we are trying to work aon a complete kit to get maz HP with using the new VDI- the dynatek is junk and the afe really isnt that much better then stock other then just a better filter.

again we are working on a new package that will cover everything and will be dyno tuned.

Cant we all get along? lol
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Founding Ninja

we should have those dyno spec in the next 2to3 weeks.

New Rhino Informational Site rhinotalk,net

2006 Rhino- XMF 6" LT - XMF Front & Rear Gusset Plates - XMF Roll Cage - HCR Front Spindles - Gear One Steering Rack - BS Sand Seat - 6" Wide Fiberglass Body By Green Machine - Crow 5 Point Seat Belts - Weller Racing 720 - PRW Radiator - B&M Oil Cooler - Bronco Dry Clutch - 45mm HRC Carb - Ron Woods Single Exhaust - CDi Box - K&N Air Filter

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 07:02 AM

The dynatek definitely has had many issues. I had one when they first came out. Hard starting, trouble making changes with curvemaker software, would completely shut down at WOT for a second or two intermittently. it also will only add 30% more fuel than stock. That is enough for minor mods but not if you have duals and a cam. I had a good vendor who gave a full refund and I bought a MSD unit. I have had no problems with it. I have tried a 650cc injector with it but the injector was too big. The VDI may be a good choice taking into consideration having programming avaliable for the 109 injector, it wasn't avaliable when I was in the market.

About the duals. I have two bros and they are loud. I have also heard procircuit and dragonfire and they are loud also. I know a person who is working on an acoustic muffler that will supposidly flow well and not be as loud as most duals. He is going to also offer a removable silencer to get the unit back to stock noise levels, but says it will hurt performance. He has the summer/sport winter/hunt person in mind. If it works like he says it will be nice.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

I'm installing the BRP Sheave kit this week when it arrives, now will I gain anything by installing a clutch kit also at the same time? Or do I just stick w/ the sheave kit only? It is a trail clutch kit!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 06:37 AM
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surmike View Post
I'm installing the BRP Sheave kit this week when it arrives, now will I gain anything by installing a clutch kit also at the same time? Or do I just stick w/ the sheave kit only? It is a trail clutch kit!
trail clutch kit??

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Ya from what I understand there is a mud kit, dunner kit and a trail kit.
This is the trail kit from what I've been told.

Its hard to do upgrades here in my area since the dealers don't really know anything about the items they are selling. If you ask them about a part the only thing they can do is look it up in there catalog and read you the mfg description. They tried to tel me the only exhaust made for the 700 is the Two Brother Dual set up since thats whats in there book. Ha Ha

But anyway back to this: Its a 700 I'm running after market 12" wheels and planning on going to 14" wheels this month and mainly use this in the mountains on trails and climbing mountain sides. (no dunes here for us to ride). Also still waiting to here the raves on the VDI unit. If it really is as good as it sounds that will be done asap and I will be ripping out the Dynatek module.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

This is my new 08 700 with the plastics off my old 07 660. Also going to change this cage out for something along the lines of So Cal Erik's new cage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (91.8 KB, 10 views)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surmike View Post
Ya from what I understand there is a mud kit, dunner kit and a trail kit.
This is the trail kit from what I've been told.

Its hard to do upgrades here in my area since the dealers don't really know anything about the items they are selling. If you ask them about a part the only thing they can do is look it up in there catalog and read you the mfg description. They tried to tel me the only exhaust made for the 700 is the Two Brother Dual set up since thats whats in there book. Ha Ha

But anyway back to this: Its a 700 I'm running after market 12" wheels and planning on going to 14" wheels this month and mainly use this in the mountains on trails and climbing mountain sides. (no dunes here for us to ride). Also still waiting to here the raves on the VDI unit. If it really is as good as it sounds that will be done asap and I will be ripping out the Dynatek module.

oh ok the epi kits. you dont need it. call Mike or Greg at unleashed utv- they have a kit that will keep your sliders from melting and also a way cheaper kit- I have done some testing on clutch setups and found what works pretty good.

and yes hopefully the vdi is everything I hope it to be. Just waiting on a few things to get finished up so we dyno everything.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the contact info.
I spoke w/ mike at Unleashed UTV yesterday and I think he's got me on the right track now.
He is going to get me set up w/ an entire power package that seems to be just what I've been loking for.

Thanks again
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement