Bottom end rebuild. - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Wreckin' Shop

Bottom end rebuild.

First and Foremost I would like to THANK Chris at Benchmark Performance for the DEEP discount he gave me on my parts. He could not have made much cash on the deal but he definatly will have my business when I need parts.

So I was hammering bearings in my cases tonight when I though....Hmmm...get the camera and take some pictures. I know having to do this kind of rebuild is not for tourists but its definatly not rocket science either...So for the poor boy like myself that couldnt afford the Performance shop or stealership to do this kind rebuild I though I would do my best to give you all the play by play. Dont ask for torq specs because I dont know them. I will have to do some research myself. If you are handy around the shop you can most likely do this engine.

So lets get an ideeer of the amout of parts were talking about.

The Flywheel side is the side that will contain all your parts when the cases are split. The crank and counter balancer has already been removed.

So when i started installing bearing...because I dont have a press. I stuck them in the freezer for a bit. They will start a little better. I used a socket about the diameter of the bearing to hammer them in. MAKE sure to watch that the go in as straight and even as possible. You dont want to fuck up the high dollar cases you just bought. Also it will sound solid when you get to the bottom.
Clutch half.

All you bearings are in and you still have to put the middle drive shaft in.

parts...pay no attention to the little plate and 2 bolts. That goes on over you last set of tranny bearings on the clutch side.

I put the shaft in droped the bearing over it. After you get the bearing in place you have a nut ( left handed) that screws in against the bearing to keep it from moving. Then put the seal in. Be sure to add a little grease to your seal so that your first trip back out you dont smoke the seal before it gets some lube to it.

Ok heres the flywheel side case with all the bearings installed.

Heres a comparison of the up graded middle drive plate next to the stocker. Left is the new beefy one and right is the stocker that will break and wipe out you engine. This is a picture of the back side.

Thats all for now.......I will transfer the tranny over into the new cases tomorrow and get some more pics. If any of you builders see something I am doing wrong feel free to correct me. Remember I am NOT an engine builder guys......so I may be wrong in some places!......STAY TUNED!!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Founding Ninja

Awesome Jim ! I think your doing an outstanding job ! I have a dumb question. Whats the reason for sticking the bearings in the freezer for awhile ? Is it because the metal will actually shrink a bit ? just asking because I know metal expands in the heat....
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper522 View Post
Awesome Jim ! I think your doing an outstanding job ! I have a dumb question. Whats the reason for sticking the bearings in the freezer for awhile ? Is it because the metal will actually shrink a bit ? just asking because I know metal expands in the heat....
They will shrink just a bit....not enough for them to just drop in but it make it a little easier.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 AM
1/2 Throttle

HEY BIGG JIM, CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME HOW ALL THAT STUFF WORKS I NEED SOME KNOWLEDGE.?????????: laugh:
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Wide F'n Open

When you're done, could you rebuild the tranny on my truck? Thanks!

I could show you, but then I would have to kill you.

The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence"
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Red Cup Ninja

what a great guy,,, taking time out to drop knowledge.

good shit biggjim!!!

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 06:57 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Shonuff got all excited when he saw BOTTOM END in the title and had his salad tongs all ready for a toss, imagine his disappointment.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
Shonuff got all excited when he saw BOTTOM END in the title and had his salad tongs all ready for a toss, imagine his disappointment.
hahahah good one.

sweet write up Jim. thanks

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Red Cup Ninja

i got a chub when i saw the title.

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Wreckin' Shop

You guys are killin me. Shonuff how do you Rebuild a blown out bottom anyways? Is it possible

BOOYAA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement