4mm stroker for a 700? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Question 4mm stroker for a 700?

Alright I'm looking for any thoughts, questions concerns, fuck yeahs or nightmares on this.

I was a dip shit and ran my 08 700 low on oil. So it started knocking pretty sure it got the crank bearings cause it is now throwing the crank position sensor code. So i fingured I will fix the bearings by throwing in a 4mm crank since i have to tear the motor apart anyways. What are your thoughts on it. I have exhaust, intake, stage 2 hot cam, radiator, bored throttle body already on it. Good idea bad idea. And what is the best timing and fuel mangement system for it

08 Rhino
MSD
Two Btothers Duals
Bored TB
Cam
11:1 Piston
26" Terra Crosses on 14"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiz View Post
Alright I'm looking for any thoughts, questions concerns, fuck yeahs or nightmares on this.

I was a dip shit and ran my 08 700 low on oil. So it started knocking pretty sure it got the crank bearings cause it is now throwing the crank position sensor code. So i fingured I will fix the bearings by throwing in a 4mm crank since i have to tear the motor apart anyways. What are your thoughts on it. I have exhaust, intake, stage 2 hot cam, radiator, bored throttle body already on it. Good idea bad idea. And what is the best timing and fuel mangement system for it
No, skip the stroker crank unless all you do is low rpm riding! Rebuild the stock crank with Yamaha parts and a Carrillo rod. Then add our CNC ported head with oversize valves and you'll have something that will be fast and stay running.
For the EFI, the best system currently is to stack an MSD and Power Commander. Use the PCIII to control the fuel, using it's 3D map. Use the MSD to control timing and rev limiter. Zero out the MSD fuel table so the fuel is controlled by the PCIII only. Give us a call if we can help.

Benchmark Performance
760-484-0986
Sponsored Links
Advertisement