no lowend power - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

no lowend power

Hi guys! I'm working on my dads 2006 660 rhino its all stock but its got a big problem when trying to take off you have to give it half throttle to move like the brakes are holding it back but you can take it out of gear and it rolls fine the things i have done to try to help the problem is put a new belt on it the old one was pretty narrow compared to the new one but still takes alot of gas to get it going and its even like this in low range and i went ahead and put new brakes all around i don't know the miles or hours because it don't have a speedo any suggestions on what it could be?? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
1/2 Throttle

No low end power

It mite be your primary shive and fixed plate, go on hunterworks.com Todd has a lot of videos that tell you how to get more low end and top end. I just put a new shive and rollers in my 700 and made a world of difference in it. You mite want check out his greaseless rollers and fixed plate sliders, stock they put grease in the primary and it will collect a lot of dirt in the grease and won't let the fixed plate move in and out the way it should. If you need help with this PM me your number and I will try to help you with this problem.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

thanks Sneaky snake ill look into that!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Thanks Sneaky Snake i went to his web site and watched the video on it and went strait to work on it and sure enuff the fixed plate wouldn't move at all and the belt was ridding at the top of the sheave but i got it all tore apart i had 3 rollers on there side and 3 fins the rollers set up against was broke so i got all new parts and put it back together and works great. heck its kinda of fun to drive now that it works rite its been like that since my dad bought it kinda makes me want to get one now!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 02:43 PM
1/2 Throttle

no low end power

You are welcome, glad i could be of help
Frank aka sneaky snake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement